Chicago Gameday X is Feb 26th: Planning stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Don't know what Chicago Gameday is? Read the FAQ, hombre.

The time has come to start planning the TENTH ENWorld Chicago Gameday!

Date
Chicago Gameday X will happen on Saturday, February 26th.

Events
If you want to run an event, post your suggestion in this thread.

So far:

Slot 1
Game 1: FCWesel, Stargate SG-1 d20, private room
Game 2: Nikmal, painting seminar, dias table
Game 3: Reidzilla, Silver Age Sentinels d20, table by the door
Game 4: Pbartender, Skull & Bones d20
Game 5: Ninjacat, Hercules & Xena (D6)
Game 6: Diremede, D&D 3.5

Slot 2
Game 1: Mark, D&D/d20/OGL, private room
Game 2: Nikmal, painting seminar, dias table
Game 3: FCWesel, Army of Darkness
Game 4: MattyHelms, TBA
Game 5: pogre, Dungeon!, 6x10 table
Game 6: TracerBullet42, D&D/d20 Behemoth3 adventure

The morning slot begins at 9:30am. The afternoon slot begins at 4:00pm. Each slot has six tables to fill (i.e., six events per slot). Each table typically seats six players and one GM. If you are running a game in the morning slot, please try to arrive early so you can settle in at your table and be available to help your players find you.

By default, players sign up for events on a first-come, first-serve basis, and do not require GM approval in order to join. If you would like to require GM approval for your event, please state so.

GMs are allowed to withdraw their event from the schedule up until one week before the gameday date. At that point, the schedule is fixed in stone, and you agree to show up ready to run your event regardless of how many players have signed up for it. Don't worry, we usually end up with enough walk-ins to fill the events, particularly in the afternoon slot.

You are welcome to offer any kind of event you wish, not just D&D and d20 RPGs. Other RPG systems, minis games, card games, painting seminars... it's all good.

If you would like to reserve a particular table (say, the private room or the minis tables), please indicate that in your event proposal. These reservations are first-come, first-serve.

Prizes
I'll be soliciting publishers for prize donations once we've settled on a date. You are more than welcome to donate your own, or, if you have an "in" with a publisher, to solicit prizes from them. Please be courteous and patient if doing so.

Player Sign-Up
A separate thread will be created in which players can sign up for events. Once it goes live, a link will be posted here. This thread is solely for planning.

Okay, if I missed anything, I'll post it later. Let's get our plan on! :D

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Minis table first slot, private room second slot, please. Runnnig games in both, more information to come soon.

I've got about a dozen misc. hardback and soft cover RPG prize donations. I won't mention the publishers, since they weren't donated by them but rather picked up on the cheap over the last year to be donated by myself.

Last edited:

FCWesel

First Post
May I please have the Private Room for the first slot. Thanks you. And one of the tables...the one with the GM Dias at the north end of the room for the second slot. Thanks, again.

The 26th looks like it would be okay on my end. (Hey, that's the day after me birthday!)

I will have actual game write ups in the next fews days.

Plan on a ANGEL/BUFFY (EDEN) game for one slot and likely a D20 one for the second slot.

Nikmal

First Post
Buzz,

Can you please schedule the paint seminar once again for both slots?
Either day also works for me as well.

Know the Toe if you want to run it again with me I would not mind that either?

FC Weasel.. . is it possible to get the dias table.. that is the most out of the way area and one of the larger tables to paint on. Not to mention one of the only tables to connect the clamp on lights to (the dias that is) I am sorry to ask this of you but I thought that I would rather ask earlier then later?
sorry about the imposition this might cause you?
-jon

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, I've started an events listing in the first post. Mark, FCWesel, and Nikmal's events have been added. FC and Nikmal, I'm holding off of listing tables for you until you guys come to a decision on the dais table.

Pbartender: BOOYAH!

I will likely be offering an event (D&D Eberron), but I want to see what other people are doing first.

MattyHelms

First Post
Hey, kids!

If it's the 26th, I'll be there. It's been a while, so it'll be good to throw some dice with all of you again!

-Matt

PS - Not sure if I want to run anything yet; I just wanted to get my vote in for the 26th.

Last edited:

Reidzilla

First Post
Hey everybody! Here is my first entry. I am not sure if I will run two events this time. I would like the table by the doors in the morning slot, please. Either date would be good for me.

Allied Avengers Assemble 2! Peril in the Pacific!
Silver Age Sentinels D20 system (GOO) (some home rules)

While the war rages on in Europe, The Immortal and the Lighting Dragon strike terror in the hearts of the Allied forces fighting in the Pacific Rim. As if the Axis navy was not enough trouble, the Allied forces are reporting that many of their strategic Pacific island positions are under attack by huge creatures! Can the Allied Avengers defeat this monstrous challenge and save the Pacific fleet? Only you can make the difference!
Join in a “Golden Age” style romp through an alternate history World War Two! A plethora of Heroes will be provided.
6 players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads