Who are your favorite artists?

Psion

Adventurer
Just to show what a low class geek I am:

- Chris Foss
- Peter Elson

I do dig Water Liches my monet cook, though. ;)

Acquana

First Post
Mucha. Mucha. Mucha!!

*phew* Love that stuff ...

Other than that, check out Sir Lawrence Alema-Tadema. Props to Brian Froud, Graeme Base, Alex Ross, Wendy Pini ... Nearly all of my favorites are illustrators ... I do like Geiger a lot, but I tend to get the willies after looking at lots of his work in succession ... Tetsuya Nomura is my favorite game designer ever (FF7, FF8, FF10, FF10-2, FF11, FF12, Kingdrom Hearts, Parasite Eve, AND Brave Fencer Musashi--BOOYAH!) ...

And of course ... I can't forget David Mack or Terry Moore. My sequential art dieties of color and black and white respectively.

Tanager

this is one of those things that changes all the time for me, but some consistant ones that haven't been mentioned.

In no particular order:
Albert Pinkham Rider
Massaccio (the Holy Trinity, in the church of Santa Maria Novella in Florence, is brilliant in so many ways)
Egon Schiele
Anselm Kiefer
Gustave Moreau
Jean McEwen

Last edited:

IronHag

First Post
Edward Gorey will always be my #1 artist/writer heartthrob.
Maurice Sendak, Edmund Dulac, Ivan Bilibin, Takato Yamamoto, Arthur Rackham, Yoshitaka Amano, Stephen Gammel's illustrations for the "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" series.
I've also always had a thing for Goya's "Saturn Devouring His Child."
And Millicent Patrick's design of the Gill Man from "Creature from the Black Lagoon."

I could go on and on...

sabrinathecat

Explorer
The Hildebrant Brothers captured my imagination early on.

More modern art: Nathan Sawaya--how can you not love someone who chooses Lego Bricks as his medium?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases