Frostburn - Polar Mariner

ivocaliban

First Post
Being three hours from an RPG shop I can't just run out and take a look at a book anytime I like. I've only seen Frostburn once and that was months ago. Recently, while looking through the Art Gallery at www.wizards.com, however, I came across the Polar Mariner Prestige Class. Now I'm intrigued as my game centers around sailors and the like. Can someone please give me the rundown on what this character entails? I'd certainly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Starglim

Explorer
My copy of Frostburn has neither a Polar Mariner prestige class, nor an index to see whether it's mentioned in the text. I suspect it was cut. It's a fine idea though.

ivocaliban

First Post
Strange indeed. I would have hoped it might appear as a web-enhancement in that case. I found this image labled "Polar Mariner" in the WotC Art Gallery: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/fb_gallery/83535.jpg

It was between Knights of the Iron Glacier and the Primeval. I suppose I could have been mistaken that it was a Prestige Class, but the name rings of one. Now I'm even more curious. Thanks very much for your help, though!

Last edited:

ivocaliban

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Nope. That's a cool picture, though, and it was re-used in Races of Destiny for a half-elf.

Yes, very nice picture. More inspiring as a "Polar Mariner" than a half-elf, though. *heh* Well, thank you for solving some part of the mystery! I'll stop chasing this mythical beastie now.

Steverooo

First Post
I've asked this before, on other threads, but never gotten an answer:

Does Frostburn (or Frost and Fur) contain snowshoeing, skiing, or skating rules?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases