Recruiting for The Five Kingdoms--3.5 Homebrew PBeM

lotuseater

Explorer
The Land of Ahsan is a land of constant war, as each civilization seeks to gain dominion over all the others. Although legends speak of different kingdoms and long dead monarchies, no one can remember a time before the wars, not even the dragons themselves.

The Land of Ahsan is divided into Five Kingdoms:

The Kingdom of Morena: A land of mostly humans, ruled by Queen Dorothea. Morena is of Lawful Good alignment, and the Queen is dedicated to wiping out the evil across the continent and bringing peace to Ahsan. All player characters will be allied to Morena, although they may not be its direct subjects.

The Orcs of Agni: Relegated to the Agni Mountains, the orc nations are a confederacy of evil humanoids bent on destruction and domination. Primal in their nature, the nations are led by the violent and cunning tribe of Kulakshaya.

The Dark Priest of Skeldya: The possessor of dark magic unparalleled in all of Ahsan, the Dark Priest has ruled over a domain of undead, dark races, and unfortunate humans he has enslaved to his will for more than a millennium. Some stories claim he is an evil deity come to life, others that he has bound his essence to the Stone of Kamqk and achieved an immortality as lifeless and frightful as one of his captured souls.

The Giants of Ios: The inhabitants of the Ios Mountains, the giants are a nomad people intent on ridding Ahsan of all their enemies. Although not banded together by one ruling monarch, they do join together to take battle, and their chaotic nature makes them unpredictable and powerful foes.

The Dragons: Isolated on the Orospu Islands and the Delta Swamp, the chromatic dragons are seeking to reclaim the hold over Ahsan they once maintained. Although small in number, even a handful of these fearsome yet intelligent monsters are capable of devastating an entire army if it’s caught unprepared.

These kingdoms have fought for countless generations, through shifting alliances and swaying tides of fortune. And the battle continues as Queen Dorothea seeks to carry the battle to all fronts and bring an end to the Age of Conflict.

--------------

I am looking for serious players interested in starting a new PBeM campaign. The Five Kingdoms is a Homebrew campaign based on warfare. Your character will be an aspiring hero handpicked to join a party of elite commandoes on their first mission. Adventures will range from infiltrating an enemy out post, protecting a crucial supply caravan, venturing into haunted ruins to secure a rare artifact before the enemy, or leading soldiers into battle. All characters will start at first level. The ideal party will include five to six players.

I am hoping for frequent posters, willing to take part in a long term game. The focus will be on a balance between character development, creative role-playing, team strategy, and combat. I prefer players experienced with the 3.5 system, but not necessarily with PBeM. This is a homebrew campaign, with a couple alternative rules from Unearthed Arcana, and a few house rules of my own, but which for the most part stays true to the SRD.

You will not need access to any book beyond the Player’s Handbook, but the Complete Warrior and the Complete Adventurer are recommended as I will be using quite a bit of information from them.

If you want to play, or just want more information, e-mail me with a brief introduction of who you are, and what style of game you are interested in, and your realistic availability (once per day, online in the morning and evenings, I work in front of the computer and will usually respond pretty quickly, etc.). I will then e-mail you a list of Class and Race possibilities to let you get started on a character proposal.

Thanks.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
You might have more luck if you posted this in the Talking the Talk Forum... where people do thier recruiting for these types of games. I've a fair notion that THIS forum is for people looking to join REAL (i.e., table-top) gaming groups.

lotuseater

Explorer
yeah, i know, but the sticky regulating the groups specifically says pbem goes in this forum. i posted a link in one of the threads in the other forum, so it should get seen there as well.

thanks though.

pyroticsoul

First Post
Checking the possibilities

Im just looking to see how the PBeM type of RP works. I usually prefer PnP method the most, but find games and gamers is frustrating. So I was wandering if you can give me the low down on how it works. I just started looking and reading upon the 3.5 system, so I guess we can go from there. So if you can email me or post a message of it works that would be cool.

lotuseater

Explorer
pyroticsoul said:
Im just looking to see how the PBeM type of RP works. I usually prefer PnP method the most, but find games and gamers is frustrating. So I was wandering if you can give me the low down on how it works. I just started looking and reading upon the 3.5 system, so I guess we can go from there. So if you can email me or post a message of it works that would be cool.

just go ahead and email me at the address in my first post, and I'll email you back the information. The differences between the two tend to be more cosmetic than anything. I like email better because you don't have to worry about the boards being down or slow servers, etc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases