Combining MotD, Dark Matter and Urban Arcana into one setting?

I have an idea for a campaign that actually combines Masque of the Red Death, Dark Matter and Urban Arcana into one setting. But my idea is...

The Red Death was somehow 'defeated' sometime around WWI by the Qabals, it was thought to be the end of it's evil influence forever... However it permanantly left scars on the psyche of humankind.

First of all the followers and the many influenced by the Red Death such as the Final Church and the Thule Society still remained. The different Illuminati still remained and had certain interests in the Red Death itself. Worse of all the 'defeat' of the Red Death weakened the planar barrier around Earth, allowing beings from the Shadow to enter Earth's reality. The Red Death's defeat also sent out a big psychic beacon which drew many aliens to Earth itself.

WWII proved that humankind didn't need the Red Death's influence to commit such evils. The war itself was in many ways a battle from the various illuminati and other factions that began to grow. Skip to modern times and it seems that the Red Death itself is now returning to Earth, a force dubbed 'Dark Matter' by the Hoffman Institute. Meanwhile factions from beyond the Solar System and from the Shadow seek to take part in the growing war.

In many ways I guess it could be a complicated campaign with many different PC races, and more conspiracies than the player can shake a stick at...

But any other thoughts on this?

Turanil

First Post
Kobold Avenger said:
Masque of the Red Death, Dark Matter and Urban Arcana into one setting. <...> But any other thoughts on this?
The thing is to make a coherent whole. The most difficult will be associating Dark Matter with Maque of Red Death and Urban Arcana. In fact, concerning the last two, I would say that Masque of Red Death has been defeated on the normal world, but is still there in the Shadow World. Make the Shadow-World / Urban Arcana something grim and dark under domination of the Red Death. As for aliens in starships it's another matter entirely. Maybe there aren't any elves, goblins, and what not in the Shadow World, but aliens. That is: they travel in this dimension which is somewhat like an hyperspace, with some kind of lands (the shadow world) around inhabited planets. In any case, I think you will have to supress some things from each setting, to make a cohesive lot (for example: either Grey or Drow but not both).

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases