Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Which team will win Super Bowl XXXIX?

Goodsport

Explorer
Pittsburgh losing the AFC Championship game prevented what would've been just the third intra-state Super Bowl in history. :eek:

The two intra-state Super Bowls were Super Bowl XXV (New York Giants vs. Buffalo Bills) and Super Bowl XXIX (San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers).

-G

drothgery

First Post
I voted for the Pats, because by any rational statistical analysis, they're better than the Eagles (though not all that much better; by FootballOutsiders' DVOA, it's the #1 team in the NFL vs. the #4 team). That's not keeping me from cheering for McNabb & company, though.

drothgery

First Post
Goodsport said:
Pittsburgh losing the AFC Championship game prevented what would've been just the third intra-state Super Bowl in history. :eek:

The two intra-state Super Bowls were Super Bowl XXV (New York Giants vs. Buffalo Bills) and Super Bowl XXIX (San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers).

It's kind of hard.

There's Jets or Bills vs. Giants (New York, though the Jets and Giants technically play in New Jersey), Chiefs vs. Rams (Missouri), Chargers or Raiders v. 49ers (California), Texans vs. Cowboys (Texas), Jaguars or Dolphins v. Bucs (Florida), and Steelers vs. Eagles (Pennsylvania). Redskins v. Ravens might qualify on a technicality, too; the Redskins actually play in Maryland. Interestingly, the only state with two or more teams where an intra-state Super Bowl is impossible is Ohio (both the Browns and Bengals are in the AFC).

Laurel

First Post
Going with the underdogs -EAGLES

They should have stuck to thier fly eagles fly instead of pulling this out:
One City, One Team, One Dream, 1

I think they actually have a shot. It will not be an easy win for either team, and I must say it would have been cool for so many reasons if Pittsburgh had won.

It was cool these last two games to see an actual TEAM of the Philly Eagles. The entire regular season it was TO's game or McNabb's win or some other single player. These games it has been the entire team offense and defense that made those wins possible. I just hope TO playing will not have them backtrack to the times of single players.

Remove ads