Dice Questions?

Zander

Explorer
Kevin Cook said:
I cant speak for the d7 as I dont know the designer ... but I know it does roll fair
I had a long chat with Lou Zocchi after that article about my collection appeared last year. Lou said that the d7 he used to sell is not, after all, fair; certainly not as fair as the d5.

Fairness, though, is a scale. As an absolute state for dice, it only exists in theory. If we take as our standard of "fair" so-called shop dice, the plastic d7 is unfair but the d5 is.

Of course, all this assumes a "fair" throw. In theory, an unfair die with an unfair throw results in a fair outcome if the two kinds of unfairness exactly counter each other. In theory anyway...

Zander
(Alexander @ The Dice Maniacs' Club)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Raloc said:
Putting up all those pics must take ages.

Actually its not that bad

As a software engineer ... I wrote a program that looks for files with dates later than the last update I made ... and collects them for upload

With a fast broadband connection ... it really doesnt take that long

Raloc

First Post
Ah, that's good thinking. I'm a developer too. In the process of writing a D&D chat client for my group.

I wish I had nearly as nice a dice collection as you though :p

maddman75

First Post
My sister is an artist, and wanted to make a sculpture of a dragon made out of gaming dice. She'd planned to get the dice by collecting extras from gamers. The project was abandoned when she realized that to a gamer, there is no such thing as extra dice.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
maddman75 said:
My sister is an artist, and wanted to make a sculpture of a dragon made out of gaming dice. She'd planned to get the dice by collecting extras from gamers. The project was abandoned when she realized that to a gamer, there is no such thing as extra dice.

eBay ... there are Tons of junk dice there

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases