Dice Questions?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Driddle said:
Who produced the study that revealed dark dice roll faster and are more likely to land big number up? I remember the explanation involved the physics of heat absorption and how it favored dice faces with greater surface area (i.e. more pips or more digits carved into the side).

Darned if I can remember enough key terms/phrases to look it up on Google, though.
LOL ... I had never heard that ... if anyone has a link ... please let me know so I can include it in my links section

Kevin Cook

Explorer
February 2007 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the image above for highlights of dice added in February 2007

I added several more MTG Spindowns this month but am still needing more to finish THESE sets

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
How much do you think are dice that get thrown into bodies of water when they roll badly, eventually finding their way into the oceans, contribute to the raise of the Mean Sea Level in the last 30 years? ;)

Seriously: How many dice are in that collection now?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
How much do you think are dice that get thrown into bodies of water when they roll badly, eventually finding their way into the oceans, contribute to the raise of the Mean Sea Level in the last 30 years? ;)

Seriously: How many dice are in that collection now?
No clue ... All I know is that I have never contributed to the 'Davy Jones' Locker Dice Collection' :)

standard dice are how big?

I see 30mm dice and 55 mm dice, and little bitty dice, but, for comparisons sake, what is the standard size for RPG dice, say, those found in the D&D adventure game or most FLGS?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Arbiter of Wyrms said:
I see 30mm dice and 55 mm dice, and little bitty dice, but, for comparisons sake, what is the standard size for RPG dice, say, those found in the D&D adventure game or most FLGS?
A standard polyhedral set of dice has no one size as the shapes demand different sizes

Traditionally the size of a poly set is measured by the face to face measurement of the D20 ... in which case 16mm is the standard size

Kevin Cook

Explorer
March 2007 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the image above for highlights of dice added in March 2007

I added several more MTG Spindowns this month but am still needing more to finish THESE sets

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases