Dice Questions?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the die ABOVE for highlights of dice added in September 2006

If anyone has any MTG Spindown d20's they are willing to part with ... feel free to email me

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

Kevin Cook

Explorer
October 2006 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the die ABOVE for highlights of dice added in October 2006

I am still looking for MTG Spindown d20's to finish THESE sets

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

icedrake

Explorer
A few years ago, I walked into my game store and sorted through their random dice set and found a number of d10s with the magic mana symbols on them, specifically fire and plains. Did they make a set for all 5 of the colors? Do you have any idea where I could get more?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
icedrake said:
A few years ago, I walked into my game store and sorted through their random dice set and found a number of d10s with the magic mana symbols on them, specifically fire and plains. Did they make a set for all 5 of the colors? Do you have any idea where I could get more?

Yes ... they made all 5 symbols

As far as where to get them ... I have not seen them in years ... and my guess is they were produced without permission of WOTC

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Who makes old school plastic dice like used to come in D&D boxed sets from the 1980's?

Noone now ... THESE old 'ablative' dice quickly fell to the wayside when Armory and Gamescience released their precision edged dice

Zodiak

First Post
Kevin Cook said:
Can't find that rare (or not so rare) die?

Ever wonder what a wierd die is used for?

Just want to talk about dice?

Then this is the thread for you ...

I have been gaming and collecting dice since 1977 and am the current Guinness World Record Holder for the Largest Collection of Dice ... so fire away if you need dice info
Ok, here is one for you:
This dice is a d10, made of purple glass. It is probably german, and i saw it first in the mid 1970s, but I guess it is much older.
How old is it? What was it made for?

W10Glas.jpg

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Zodiac and I have been talking offline about this one ...

HERE is an enhanced version of the photo

This one has me stumped ... anybody ever seen this style of d10 before?

If so ... have you seen a spare? :)

Last edited:

Zodiak

First Post
We both think it is pre 1950, I assume it could be from the 1920s or even earlier. There was an other dice with it, that is sadly lost, this one could have been a d20. Someone in my CoC Forum indicated it could have been used for fortune telling or some occult purpose.

Remove ads