Dice Questions?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
April 2007 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the image of the 20000th die in the collection (above) for highlights of dice added in April 2007

I wasnt able to add any more MTG Spindowns this month :( ... but am willing to pay top dollar for the remaining ones I NEED

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

Last edited:

Kevin Cook

Explorer
May 2007 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Click on the image above for highlights of dice added in May 2007

I added several more MTG Spindowns this month but am still needing more to finish THESE sets

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you​

Hey Kevin! :)

are there any dice you know of, that you don't have? Or do you own one of all the dice types you know of?

Just curious because I bought Zander* some (what I thought were obscure) dice for his birthday last year. But I imagine what dice collectors see as obscure, and what the less well informed man-on-the-street (ie. me) see as obscure are obviously two different things.

I should point out I am a friend of Zanders, and not someone that goes about buying presents for random strangers. :p

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
are there any dice you know of, that you don't have? Or do you own one of all the dice types you know of?
Yes ... there are many dice that I know of that I do not have ...

The Louis Vuitton dice

Several of the MTG Spindowns

Just to name a few

Just curious because I bought Zander* some (what I thought were obscure) dice for his birthday last year. But I imagine what dice collectors see as obscure, and what the less well informed man-on-the-street (ie. me) see as obscure are obviously two different things.

I should point out I am a friend of Zanders, and not someone that goes about buying presents for random strangers. :p
LOL ... I know Zander as well ... I spent a week in London back in 2000 ...

It is funny you mentioned a present ... the dice you see in this month's posting was a present from a friend (see the highlights above)

Father of Dragons

First Post
Here's a type of die I've been wondering about for years. They are plain white plastic six-sided dice with rounded corners, about 0.6" along one side. One three sides is a san-serif X (or perhaps a multiplication sign). On the other three sides is a san-serif I (or perhaps a subtraction sign or a dash). All three I's are oriented the same, the three X's form a strip, as do the three I's (and thus one X is across from another X, one I is across from another I, and the remaining I and X are across from each other). The X's and I's are inscribed/cast into the surface, and are marked with black ink.

I picked these dice up from the misc. dice bin at a Game Keeper about 8 or so years ago. They sort of look like math dice of some sort, but there were no other dice that matched them in the bin, and no other dice that looked like they might be used for math games. No one at the store had the slightest idea what the dice were for originally (they had already been in the misc. bin when they had started working there). We used them instead of a coin for coin flips in the Pokemon TCG (hey, that's what my kids were into then).

Anyway, and idea what purpose these might have intended for?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Father of Dragons said:
Anyway, and idea what purpose these might have intended for?
They sound like they are for a game called FUDGE ... If not then I would say that they are math manipulatives dice

There are several companies that make dice for FUDGE ... Q-Workshop makes my favorite ones

Last edited:

Father of Dragons

First Post
Kevin Cook said:
They sound like they are for a game called FUDGE ... If not then I would say that they are math manipulatives dice

There are several companies that make dice for FUDGE ... Q-Workshop makes my favorite ones
I don't think they're Fudge dice -- for one thing, they don't have two blank sides, and for another, don't Fudge dice have "+" and "-" on them? The X is clearly not a "+", as it is oriented wrong and the two lines are not at right angles, but rather about 15 degrees off from that. Actually, the fact that the lines of the X cross at an angle other 90 degrees indicates it is probably not a times symbol either, but rather a capital X. Which would indicate it isn't a math die, either. A mystery.

Father of Dragons

First Post
Kevin Cook said:
Yes ... It seems so

Can you post a picture?
I can try ...

Attachments

• XIdice.JPG
    XIdice.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 112

Remove ads