Dice Questions?

Dlsharrock

First Post
Kevin Cook said:
Did anyone else pickup some of the Ennie Awards Dice at Gen Con Indy?

Ha. Funny as I was going to ask if you had one of those.

My YGN die is particularly precious to me as I didn't attend GenCon, due to the fact I live in the UK and couldn't afford air fare. I asked for the guys at Expeditious Retreat Press to send me one in the mail (I wrote for Forever People Digital Press who sold PDFs on YGN, but knowing those nice guys at ERP they'd have sent me one anyway :) ).

I have a question about your fabulous collection. Do you have any special containers you favour for keeping your most special dice in? I keep mine in a hand carved celtic style soapstone pot (very intricately carved with a dragon on the lid in place of a handle).

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Dlsharrock said:
Do you have any special containers you favour for keeping your most special dice in? I keep mine in a hand carved celtic style soapstone pot (very intricately carved with a dragon on the lid in place of a handle).
No I don't ... there are so many that fit into this catgory ... I have several boxes that if I had to move them quickly ... I could do so

Kevin Cook

Explorer
May 2008 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Please ignore this post

Click on the Jason Lynch Chainmail D8 above
for highlights of dice added in April 2008

I have almost competed all the sets of MTG Spindowns
and am still offering bonuses for both trades and sales (no new ones this month ) ...

HERE is what I have / need ... just 5 left​

rossik

Explorer
hi friends! i havent read all the posts, but i have a question:

using 2d4 makes me get at leasta a "2". but , at least for me, looks like if i use 1d8, the chances of getting a "8" are better.

is it true?

(oh, i just saw yeasterday a wooden dice, about 3 kilos and 40 cm high. thats a noise one!)

Aus_Snow

First Post
rossik said:
using 2d4 makes me get at leasta a "2". but , at least for me, looks like if i use 1d8, the chances of getting a "8" are better.

is it true?
Yep, twice as good (1 in 8 vs. 1 in 16.)

Your average is .5 lower though (4.5 vs. 5.)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
June 2008 Highlights

If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Please ignore this post

Click on the Hand Painted ... Q-Workshop ... Munchkin (Steve Jackson Games) die above
for highlights of dice added in June 2008

I STILL have almost competed all the sets of MTG Spindowns
and am still offering bonuses for both trades and sales (no new ones this month ) ...

HERE is what I have / need ... just 5 left​

Particle_Man

Explorer
Speaking of old, does anyone else feel it when they realize that some of the adult fellow players around the table are younger than some of the dice in one's own dice bag?

Oh, did anyone else buy a d30 as a kid, go "gosh wow!" take it home, and then realize that it had *no* application to D&D?

But now I have d5's. They have an application in Iron Heroes (Chainmail in our campaign has d5 DR). I only wish they had the number inked in as they were hard to read.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Do you have any dice over a thousand years old?

Yes ... CLICK HERE

Speaking of old, does anyone else feel it when they realize that some of the adult fellow players around the table are younger than some of the dice in one's own dice bag?

Yea ... that is one of the pitfalls of being one of the original gamers :)

Oh, did anyone else buy a d30 as a kid, go "gosh wow!" take it home, and then realize that it had *no* application to D&D?
I bought some .. but I started playing so early ... that the only hit charts were in the Jugdes Guild manuals ... SO ... when The Armory first released the D30 ... I also purchased the books that accompanied them ... I still have 'The 30-Sided die Character Book' ... but have lost the other book (I dont even remember the name)

But now I have d5's. They have an application in Iron Heroes (Chainmail in our campaign has d5 DR). I only wish they had the number inked in as they were hard to read.
Ultra Fine Point Sharpie's are my suggestion for inking

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases