Dice Questions?

Zander

Explorer
Speaking of old, does anyone else feel it when they realize that some of the adult fellow players around the table are younger than some of the dice in one's own dice bag?

All the gamers at my D&D club are adults (18+). The other day, my T-shirt was older than at least one of the gamers at my table. The shirt, a Lone Wolf one I bought in 1985, was several years older than one of the gamers who's around 19 years old. :eek: At least I can take some pride in the fact that the T-shirt still fits.

I have D&D dice that I've owned for 25+ years but don't use them to game with nowadays.

Particle_Man

Explorer
All the gamers at my D&D club are adults (18+). The other day, my T-shirt was older than at least one of the gamers at my table. The shirt, a Lone Wolf one I bought in 1985, was several years older than one of the gamers who's around 19 years old. :eek: At least I can take some pride in the fact that the T-shirt still fits.

I remember Mr. T saying "I got underwear older than these guys, you know what I'm saying?"

(Hey if you are old enough for the T-shirt, you are old enough to know who Mr. T is). :)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Bet ya aint got one more than 2000 years old though!

Probably not ... but 1500-1800 (the dice above) is pretty old :)

If it's not too rude to ask, how did you end up with a set of great southern plywood dice? I'm a huge fan of wood dice and would love to know if I can do what you did to get a pair.

It isnt rude at all ... this is what I am here for ... unfortunately I didnt purchase this set from a vendor ... I won it on ebay :(

sammyz

First Post

Click on the Unknown Origin D20 above

Hey Kevin,

Don't know if you've IDd it yet, but I'm pretty sure that D20 was from the Star Trek Dice game that came out in the wake of Dragon Dice. I have a few of them myself.

Big fan of your site btw, have been a Random Fandom member since I was 16!

(Do you know of a good source for those Crazy rolling German rubbery D6's btw?)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Hey Kevin,

Don't know if you've IDd it yet, but I'm pretty sure that D20 was from the Star Trek Dice game that came out in the wake of Dragon Dice. I have a few of them myself.

I am not ignoring this ... I am just trying to find proof that this is true

I suspect you are correct ... as there are other BORG dice in that lot ... BUT ... I cant find any pictures to backup this claim

Big fan of your site btw, have been a Random Fandom member since I was 16!

(Do you know of a good source for those Crazy rolling German rubbery D6's btw?)
May I assume you mean THESE DICE?

Not off the top of my head ... as I recall ... I purchased them thru a UK vendor .. the brand name is Wurfel (yea big help ... Dice in German)

You may want to try the links section of my site as I try to include links whenever I purchase from a vendor

sammyz

First Post
I am not ignoring this ... I am just trying to find proof that this is true

I suspect you are correct ... as there are other BORG dice in that lot ... BUT ... I cant find any pictures to backup this claim

They are in storage at my Mom's house (I didn't want to move the bulk of my collection at the time), but I think I still have a sealed poly bag of borg dice that also has that particular d20 in it. If I can ever get to it I will be sure to snap a picture for you, but i'm about 90% confident that it came from a ST:TNG dice product.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I bought some .. but I started playing so early ... that the only hit charts were in the Jugdes Guild manuals ... SO ... when The Armory first released the D30 ... I also purchased the books that accompanied them ... I still have 'The 30-Sided die Character Book' ... but have lost the other book (I dont even remember the name)

Argh. I had that other book. It had random weapon, armour and boat tables and a bunch of other cool stuff, as well as a lot of d300 tables.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases