Dice Questions?

Jools

First Post
I have a number of dice with Japanese/Chinese characters on them but I've never managed to find a D20. Have you seen one?

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Those Ironside die are very cool, same with the shapeways ones!

but how practical are they?

I dont really intend to find out .. I suspect they are fairly sturdy .. but would need to be rolled on a soft surface

And I have never heard of that SJG game.

According to BoardGameGeek ... X-Bugs was published by Dal Negro ... Darwin Project ... Fanpro ... Nexus .. and finally Steve Jackson Games ... Apparently it was very popular in Europe

I have a number of dice with Japanese/Chinese characters on them but I've never managed to find a D20. Have you seen one?

Jools ... I too have never seen a kanji or katakana d20 ... If I ever find one (and can purchase it) it will be on THIS PAGE

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
Hey, just wondering how difficult (and/or expensive) it might be to purchase a few usable normal-sized glass polyhedrals. Some of those that you have are really pretty, IMO.

But, how practical are they, for gaming? I love the look of (some of) them, but if I literally couldn't (i.e., shouldn't) use them, I wouldn't bother.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Hey, just wondering how difficult (and/or expensive) it might be to purchase a few usable normal-sized glass polyhedrals. Some of those that you have are really pretty, IMO.

But, how practical are they, for gaming? I love the look of (some of) them, but if I literally couldn't (i.e., shouldn't) use them, I wouldn't bother.

Well .. as you pointed out .. not many are usable ... I think the Crystal Caste Hackmaster Honor dice are the only ones I would use on a regular basis

All the others would need some sort of cushion material if they were to be rolled with any regularity

Zander

Explorer
Jools,

I have a d20 that has the kanji for 'good luck' on 19 sides and 'bad luck' on the 20th. It's meant for fortune telling.

As far as I know, no one makes a d20 marked 1 - 20 in Japanese. I've searched several times for one in Tokyo but haven't had any luck.

Zander

Remove ads