Dice Questions?

sjmiller

Explorer
Hey Kevin, impressive collection. I will have to dig around and find some of my esoteric dice and see if you have them.

One thing my roommate has been asking for are precision edged polyhedral dice. He really does not like the current trend of rolled or rounded edges, and frankly I cannot blame him. Any idea where you can find such beasts, preferably in crystal green? The real catch would be to find the sets with the d4 reading at the top of the point and the d6 being pips instead of numerals.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
sjmiller said:
Hey Kevin, impressive collection. I will have to dig around and find some of my esoteric dice and see if you have them.

Sounds great

One thing my roommate has been asking for are precision edged polyhedral dice. He really does not like the current trend of rolled or rounded edges, and frankly I cannot blame him. Any idea where you can find such beasts, preferably in crystal green? The real catch would be to find the sets with the d4 reading at the top of the point and the d6 being pips instead of numerals.

Gamescience makes them ... Gamestation sells them

As far as the D4 and D6 are concerned ... I dont know anyone who makes everything you are looking for ... sorry :(

Gamescience dice are old school ...

Last edited:

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Chaldfont said:
OK I have a question: What games use d30? I vaguely remember friends telling me they were used in a basic D&D supplement waaaaay back when.

I have a D30 suppliment from the Armory ... from years ago

I hear that Button Men use it as well ... cant confirm as I have never played

Hanuman

First Post
Aaaahhhh now I have a good idea who outbid me for that ancient roman glass D20 that went to auction. The damn thing went for over twelve grand. :)

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.-Oscar Wilde

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Hanuman said:
Aaaahhhh now I have a good idea who outbid me for that ancient roman glass D20 that went to auction. The damn thing went for over twelve grand. :)

I only bid a bit over $2000

We were just talking about that over Here

According to someone who actually wrote it down ... it sold for $17,925

Here is a photo of the die

Bleys

First Post
Chaldfont said:
OK I have a question: What games use d30? I vaguely remember friends telling me they were used in a basic D&D supplement waaaaay back when.

Tales from the Floating Vagabond used the d30 as part of the normal rules... I believe it was used for the weapons of size class "Don't Point That Thing at my Planet", but I could be wrong ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases