Dice Questions?

sjmiller

Explorer
One dice game I noticed you did not have, or at least I did not see, was Kismet. The game comes with 5 dice, and the faces have different colors on them. The dice I have are wooden, and date from the late 60s or early 70s. I can't honestly remember playing the game, but I do remember my parents playing it when I was young. This was one of the first game boxes I pilfered dice from when I started playing Traveller back in 1979.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
sjmiller said:
One dice game I noticed you did not have, or at least I did not see, was Kismet. The game comes with 5 dice, and the faces have different colors on them. The dice I have are wooden, and date from the late 60s or early 70s. I can't honestly remember playing the game, but I do remember my parents playing it when I was young. This was one of the first game boxes I pilfered dice from when I started playing Traveller back in 1979.

Kismet also had dice with multi colored pips ... I have several sets ... but not in wood

Chaldfont

First Post
Bleys said:
Tales from the Floating Vagabond used the d30 as part of the normal rules... I believe it was used for the weapons of size class "Don't Point That Thing at my Planet", but I could be wrong ;)

I forgot about that. Man, I had so much fun with that game. Back when it came out, my FLGS opened up a gaming area and gave a meager gift certificate to DMs who would run games for them. I am proud to say that each of my 6 players picked up a copy of this game after I ran an intro session.

Though I'm pretty sure that speaks for the game and not my DMing!

Best RPG weapon ever: Fuzzy Cutedeath Grenades.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

Here are the highlights of the dice added in February 2005

Skull Shaped D5
Werewolf: The Forsaken Dice from White Wolf
Blue d20 Countdown D20 from Toy Vault

I added several wooden dice from Germany but have yet been able to identify them

The 'Information about Dice' section underwent a reorganization this month due to the adding of the Articles about Dice (menu became too cluttered)

Several THEMES were updated as a result of adding new dice

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you

Last edited:

Kevin Cook

Explorer
If you are not interested in new or rare dice that were inventoried this month ... Ignore this post

I crossed 14000 dice this month

Here are the highlights of the dice added in March 2005

New Crystal Caste Dwarven Metal 16mm (Standard Size) poly sets
... Brass
... Copper
... Steel

Many new Koplow dice were added ...
... D20 and D12 Double dice
... Olympic Colored D30's
... Many new styles of large D12's
... New Decimal Dice for generating those numbers between 0.009 and 9999.999
... A new set of Pink Polys (including d30's) for those lovers of PINK
... True D10's (1-10 instead of 0-9)

'Invisible' Poker Dice from Kikkerland

I made my own D20 mirror dangler

THEME Changes (Updated/Added) as a result of adding new dice:
... Updated Crystal Caste
... Updated Koplow Games
... Updated Adult Dice
... Added Pipe Dream Products
... Added California Exotic Novelties

Information about Dice changes:
... Added two new Articles about Dice both in German
... Added the Milestones in the Collection page

As always ... If you have any dice questions ... post them to this thread and I will try to answer them for you

Red Viper

First Post
What would you mark them with? Markers and paint would wear off quickly. WOuld you have to rill or carve? Would they be as precise if you carved or drilled though?

Remove ads