[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Thanks Kiylea, Eddie says with a grateful smile as he slides in beside her. He fills his glass with the cider and scoops up the last drips of the spicy stew. Emboldened by the acceptance of his peers, he speaks I think Mero may want us for some project, prolly something that will take up the time until harvest. What bothers me is why no adults have been told anything about it.
He blushes and falls silent.
That sword that I have been practicing with was left out a few weeks ago, and Mero hasn’t taken notice of its absence. Did he want me to have it or was it meant for Log? I wonder if Mero has intensified the training of the others.
He raises his glass in response to Ringly. Holding it up for a second in case another wants to make a toast.

Slippshade

First Post
Bubbles Greenbottle

Ferrix said:
Molle gives a broad smile to Bubbles, "Hi Bubbles," she says happily, she then proceeds to begin filling five glasses full of cider placing one in front of each person except for Jerran, whom she fully ignores.

"Hi Molle," Bubbles fights back a smile at Molle's placement of glasses. She wanted to talk to Molle longer, but knew better than to keep her away from her chores. Meegan was like a second mother to Bubbles, but she took her (and everyone elses) duties around the Tavern very seriously and had a hickery switch in the kitchen to help her back it up.

Ferrix said:
Meegan grins to the assembled, "you can be gettin' on with yer chatter, I'm not going to peep a word of it to your parents." She pauses, her large brown eyes giving an amused look to Molle, she then sets an empty glass down in front of Jerran without a word. "And no, I don't be know'n what Mero's got in mind fer the lot o'ya, so dun' be askin' me."

Gesturing for Molle to follow, Meegan disappears back into the kitchen, Molle gives a sheepish grin to Bubbles and follows her mother.

Bubbles gives Molle a little wave as she dissapears into the kitchen and turns her attention back to the group, listening to the conversation.

Ringly said:
He grips the cider, raises it a few inches, and makes an imaginary toast with friends he doesn't have. To raised spirits and lowered wits

And he drinks.

Bubbles giggles a bit at Ringly's toast and raises her glass as well.

Eddie said:
"Thanks Kiylea,"

Eddie says with a grateful smile as he slides in beside her. He fills his glass with the cider and scoops up the last drips of the spicy stew. Emboldened by the acceptance of his peers, he speaks

"I think Mero may want us for some project, prolly something that will take up the time until harvest. What bothers me is why no adults have been told anything about it."

"Oh, I'm sure they know something is up. But your right the question is what and what kind of project would they need all of us for." Bubbles ponders this while absentmindedly playing with the end of one of her braids.

Boddynock

First Post
hafrogman said:
He doesn't even pretend to hide his moves as he calmly reaches across the table and exchanges Alton's full glass for his empty one. He takes a long drink from the cool cider and then lowers the glass again. He nods his thanks to the youngster.
Alton doesn't say anything. He simply puts his hand on his chin, and his finger across his lips as he watches Jerran's latest performance. Staring at him for some seconds, he then looks to the others, and raises his (newly filled) glass in response to Ringly's toast.

Reaching for the food, Alton then eats heartily, listening and offering the odd comment, as he sets himself to wait for Mero's arrival.

Tarlonniel

First Post
Bubbles said:
"Oh, I'm sure they know something is up. But your right the question is what and what kind of project would they need all of us for."

Kiylea grimaces slightly at the thought of giving up her precious free time. Especially to work on some 'project,' which was probably just a poorly-disguised excuse to keep a closer eye and heavier hand on the community's young adults. For our own good - ugh. I'll go nuts. I'll climb up Old Brambleroot and never come down. She glances over at Ringly, hoping he has a different solution to the mystery.

ender_wiggin

First Post
Ringly sighs inside. A gesture that had meant to be kept to himself ended up being noticed by everyone. Everything he did, people always knew about, it that made him uncomfortable to say the least. But that was no surprise. He was always uncomfortable around other people.

"Perhaps Mero wants to tell us something. Tradition; something of that nature. One can hardly be sure, of course..."

Ferrix

Explorer
As Ringly trails off the door swings open and in waltzes Mero Brandworthy, his dark brown hair beginning to gray around the temples. The glint of the midday sun shines off of his steel chain shirt, his finely worked longsword at his hip. He smiles warmly at the assemblage, "good to see that you all made it without too much trouble," shooting a look towards Jerran. Mero could almost make Jerran have a run for his money in the looks department, despite his age.

“I would imagine that you are all wondering, why you’ve been called here as a group. And I also imagine some of you were reluctant in coming,” he says smiling at Kiylea and Ringly, “but we have a slight problem, and Alton suggested I round up some of the youngsters to take care of it considering Clara and Coyo are unavailable at the moment.”

Pausing for a moment, he seems to be waiting for the expectant interruption and eruption of questions.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran smirks slightly at Mero's comments about everyone having arrived. He sheathes his knife with a flourish and take a large bite of his now peeled apple. However, his grin fades at the mention of work that needs to be done. He swallows his mouthful of apple and looks slightly ill. He raises his hand, but speaks without waiting to be aknowledged.

"Please sir, may I be excused? I have a medical condition you see. I'm allergic to Bubbles. . . if I spend too long around her I tend to break out in a black and blue rash."

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
hafrogman said:
"I'm allergic to Bubbles. . . if I spend too long around her I tend to break out in a black and blue rash."
Alton frowns at Jerran's 'witty' comment - and his usual, predictable attempt to get out of doing anything constructive. "Oh, keep quiet Jerran! You wouldn't be so bruised if you weren't always so 'rash'."

Then the rest of Mero's comment registers ...

Ferrix said:
"... we have a slight problem, and Alton suggested I round up some of the youngsters to take care of it ..."
"Huh? I did? When? What problem ... oh ... :heh: you mean Cleric Alton. I see. ... What do you want us to do?"

Tarlonniel

First Post
Something Clara and Coyo would normally take care of? Kiylea's eyes widen. Maybe a dangerous wild animal had come down from the mountains - no, she's pretty sure she would've heard about that. Maybe... but her train of thought is interrupted by Alton's dig at Jerran, which she can't help giggling quietly about. Then she refocuses and waits impatiently for Mero to explain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases