Ceramic DM- The Renewal ( Final judgement posted)

alsih2o

First Post
We have timestamps and I believe we are "Ready to rumble!"

Let's get everyone on our list to check in and give me start time, with the earliest being Monday morning. Hopefully we can get the whole first round up by the following Sunday.

WE ARE BACK!

IF the boards are down or very slow you can email your entry to me at myscreenname@midsouth.rr.com. Just replace "myscreenname" with my screen name.

All menu/linkie things courtesy of Bard Stephen Fox, my personal hero.

Things to remember

• Alsih2o is in Central US Time (GMT -6)
  • Your stories must be posted within 72 hours of when the pictures are posted
  • Never, ever edit your story once you have posted it. Editing is grounds for disqualification. See the FAQ for more details.
  • Don't read your opponent's story before you post yours
  • Have Fun! It's a tough competition but have fun with it.

Quicklinks to Photos, Stories and Judgements:

Use these to avoiding wading through smack-talk and scheduling discussions between stories.

First Round - 4 pictures, 5000 words max

1 Pictures - Firelance vs NiTessine - Judgement

2 Pictures - Hellefire vs Orchid Blossom - Judgement + Judgement comments

3 Pictures - CarpeDavid vs Mythago <== CarpeDavid had to unexpectedly drop out.

4 Pictures - Big Tom vs Eeralai - Judgement

5 Pictures - Thorod Ashstaff vs Rodrigo Istalindir - Judgement

6 Pictures - Macbeth vs Ruined - Judgement

7 Pictures - Maddman75 vs Sigurd <== Missed Deadline Judge Commentary

8 Pictures - MarauderX vs Taladas - Judgement

Second Round (Winners of First Round competitions) - 5 pictures, 6000 words max

1 Pictures - Eeralai vs Mythago - Judgement

2 Pictures - Macbeth vs Maddman75 - Judgement

3 Pictures - Thorod Ashstaff vs MarauderX - Judgement

4 Pictures - Orchid Blossom vs Firelance - Judgement

Third Round (Winners of the Second Round) - 5 pictures, 6000 words max

1 Pictures - Thorod Ashstaff vs Mythago - Judgement

2 Pictures - Maddman75 vs Orchid Blossom <== Maddman75 dropped out. Maldur's Commentary Alsih2o's commentary

Final Round - ? pictures

Pictures - Mythago vs Orchid Blossom - Judgement

Last edited:

Hellefire

First Post
competition link

Can someone post a link to the competition description? The one posted is a dead link, from the server move I guess.

Aaron Blair
Foren Star
Seward, AK, USA
currently Poznan, Poland

Hellefire

First Post
got to the FAQ

I got to the FAQ, but all links off that are 404s. I posted on the 404 thread, besides that I will wait and see. Thanks for the link, and I will look for further developments. One day I may want to compete in this, but in Poland at the moment (GMT+1) and not sure if that will affect things. Anyway, thanks again and I look forward to watching or participating in this!

Aaron Blair
Foren Star

BSF

Explorer
Doh!

Of course they are all broken. Thanks for pointing it out. It will definitely take me a few days to get that straightened out though. Being in Poland won't affect anything unless it impacts your ability to participate. The pics are posted and you have 72 hours from that time to post your story. Everyone get's the same 72 hours, so the only advantage is if the posting time fits better into your personal schedule than your opponents. For me, I find it makes little difference when the pics are posted. I will lose the same amount of sleep banging my head on the desk regardless of when that process starts and finishes. :)

Edit: Actually, the process probably isn't that bad. My preferred tools for making that change are at work, but I bet I can make do at home. Let me see if I can at least get the author/story cross-links fixed before I head out for a few hours.

Edit #2: I edited the author/story crosslinks. I suspect there will be problems with linked pictures within stories, but there is little I can do about that. I didn't post them, I can't edit them. Besides, editing is a no-no. :) The individual contest links, pics, judgements and all that won't be too much mess to correct, but it wil need to wait until I am at home again. Probably not today. I really should cros-link all the stories from the last contest as well. :(

I hope that helps. And if anyone has ideas on how I an make the pictures for stories accessible without becoming unwieldy, let me know.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Ceramic DM contest.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases