Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Right... Well considering Lalreth is in this for the money, he'd be a bit reluctant to spring for the phantom steed, but he'd also hate for the hoard to be snatched out from underneath his nose by a faster band of heroes. So he's for boat or road first, phantom steed second.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Dragon Lore: Coversations with the Guardian (excerpts)
As told by Orerauchvae, copper of the green isle.​

- When my golden sister Onadaurvail, reached an age she invited our brass brother to live with her and raise wyrmlings. She demanded the beautiful lair I had carved out, and since she was queen I yielded. She laid a queen egg, and a copper to create new lairs as I had done for her mother. In the early days more than one egg was laid at a time. They lived together for several years until they could hunt for themselves. They were still allowed to live in my lair with her, although she drove our brother away. When the gaze of the young dragons began to bother her she drove them off as well. They lived in simple lairs, but as they grew older her daughter began to eye my new lair. Her copper sister had been killed off by you little ones, before creating a suitable lair. Although this queen was younger than I she grew faster and I left her my second lair. When her gold daughter Thenndochvor came of age she demanded my third lair. I drover her off, but she allied with a warrior bronze and their fires and servants cost me a third home. I settled in the ruins of this city, and made an alliance with your people. I saw how boats from other places came here, and foresaw all that was to come. Now the Queens fear me. I hold land under my dominion as only they can. I have outlived all but a handful of my generation, and am content.

-To put to rest a few rumors.

We do not change shape nor breed with lesser races. Other races can be granted fragments of our power, gaining them similar features and magics. In no way does this weaken our power. I will not grant you power, nor will I teach you how to tap into it. Your Sorcerers have figured that out themselves.

None of my kind is immune to elemental energies, yet attacking us with our own breath, be it burning or corrosive, is foolish. We are not vulnerable as some claim, to lighting or cold.

Do not look closely into the eyes of a dragon, for your minds cannot handle it and you will be overwhelmed. The oldest of my kin inspire terror in all under their shadow. You do not feel it, as I am keeping my majesty hidden

I do not make war on my brothers and sisters, but I do not mourn their deaths. The younger dragons are not as hearty as my generation was, and diminish further with age.
By all means kill off the weakest among them. With one exception. You who dwell in my city are forbidden to take the life of my copper sisters, lest others repeat my trials.

My hoard? You see it below you, all the wealth of this city is my property. Creeping into my lair will not only bring my wrath but turn your people against you as well, for without me the Queens would call forth the bronze warriors, their mates and other builders. This city, its harbors and trading ships would be destroyed again, as it was in an age past. Only I prevent this, as the queens have been forced, with your help, to accept me as one of equal rank..

Besides this you all know bits and scraps of dragon lore. Do you want it all individually (in black text) or as a pool of shared information?

Ferrix

Explorer
Pooled information usually works better, but isn't always realistic. I could see Aphram and Lalreth having shared knowledge in the past.

RedSwan78

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Dragon Lore: Coversations with the Guardian (excerpts)
As told by Orerauchvae, copper of the green isle.​

Besides this you all know bits and scraps of dragon lore. Do you want it all individually (in black text) or as a pool of shared information?

Evilhalfling,

I did not put it into Grim's background, because at the end of it, I was way tired and just wanted to finish it up, but I was trying to work into the story how Grim aquired all of his feats. I got the first one done, and didn't really get the second one in. The whole deal about Fizzlewick was how Grim had even heard of the Green Isles and traveled there, but basically that is how Grim aquired his last feat (Dragon Hunter), from listening to all the stories from Fizzlewick (who had told Grim he was part of a band of adventurers that had slain a dragon).

My original plan was to have had Grim JUST arrived fresh off of a boat when the IC thread began, but perhaps it would be a BIT better if, for say, Grim had arrived only but a few days ago, and he showed up at the docks where the posting is, because he had overheard some people talking about it.

SOOO, if you decided to do individual knowledge, that's a bit of what I had in mind about Grim, so let me know what he knows based on that. :D (yeah, that's confusing, but I'm sure you can make sense of it :D hehe)

Oh yeah, and *awesome*, everyone is ready to go and we have quite a few posts in the IC thread already! woohoo! :D

I know you said that fair orcs are their own race and look more like humans, but in my mind I had grim looking more like the half-orcs in the phb. Would it be wrong to assume that a fair orc *could* look like that? Or would it be really out of place? For now, I'll assume he could look like that, and if it's not possible or just flat out "out of place", let me know and I'll change it!

EDIT- about what you say in the IC thread, when you say "empty lava tunnel", you mean as in that once there was lava that carved out the tunnel, now there is NO lava there?

Also, you say "It will take a week to get to Cebur using it." Am I missing something? Where is Cebur? Did you mention it elsewhere/does Grim know where/what that is?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Grim wouldn't know for sure about either of those things. The description is fine and ill go ahead and discribe other fair orcs the same way. He may have heard of tunnels between the islands.
For Natives:
Cebur is the 2nd largest city of the green isles, it is completely underground. When the dragons came it was much smaller, but due to its location on a nearby island, it has become a center of commmerce. Its govenor has a bad reputation, for taking harsh measures against dissadents and lawbreakers, the taxes on imports and trading with outlying cities vary for no disercenable reasons. The govenor is a reknown blademaster, and his family are well known and influential merchants.
The lava tunnels are mostly long cold, but the tunnels out to the easteren islands are not entirely stable.

RedSwan78

First Post
Super Girl said:
We are in sad straights if the thief who never takes anything serious is the best diplomat :p

I meant to comment on this earlier, but Grim is an *EXCELLENT* diplomat! (or, at least HE thinks so! :D )

"Excuse me.. uh.. "Sir", but none may enter this sacred shrine by order of the King." (the king being an elf) .... "Yeah, it ok little man, the King my brother, he say it ok for me." :D

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Hond - you count as a native if you have been part of civilization for 1 year.
well we have 2.5 votes for individual info.

The following is world specific changes that you would be aware of:
individual dragons have a prefrence for either hunting during the day or at night.

Velsoviarus: (based of Kn Arcane)
Dragons either breathe fire or acid, based on color: gold – cone of fire, bronze dragons breathe both clouds of acidic gas and jets of fire, coppers have a line of acid, brass a line of fire. All Golds are fertile queens, bronzes sterile warriors, copper infertile builders, and brass fertile males. Dragons have SR based on age.

Apram & Lareth (Kn Arcane + Hunting bonus)
Gold dragons are fertile queens, bronzes sterile warriors, copper infertile builders, and brass fertile mates. Dragons either breathe fire or acid, based on color: gold cone of fire, bronze dragons breathe both, copper line of acid, brass line of fire. Dragons have a close range fear based gaze attack that stuns, which can last for some time if the target is weak of mind. Sorcerers have some protections against this. Young dragons can be quite stupid, but they learn quickly as they age. Dragons will ignore spells from weak casters, many have spells of their own.

Lareth
Dragons names describe them exactly, but Lareth doesn’t remember exactly how. Also I was doing a equipment audit to see if you could afford a boat, and you spent too much by about 1k. So you have only 46gp, 5 sp on hand, dont worry about the rest.

Hond: (experience)
The gold dragon queen that dominated your tribe had a number of spells to bend stouts to her will. She could breathe a cone of intense fire. None of your tribe would meet her gaze.

Kylea-
Dragon magic is tied to their nature – the Sorcerer archetypes. The types may tell you how a dragon will react and why.

Grim -
Dragons are tough. They breathe fire and stuff. When they go *Huuuuhhh..* its time to dodge. Running up and whacking them with a sword … a lot, should work.

Boats .... captains tend to charge whatever they can get away with, traveling north among the islands is risky. Of course your protection isn't valueless, so it isn't out of the question.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases