Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

RedSwan78

First Post
Evilhalfling,

Perhaps I need a bit of clarification on the world.. How big are the Green Isles? As I would understand it so far (please correct me wherever I'm wrong), the "dragon problem" where they came in and ravaged cities and such is only happening in the Green Isles? This isn't happening in other parts of the world? Grimhild, being a half-orc, would have had to of come from a different part of the world looking for adventure here.. how did he get here though, I thought you had said that boats where no longer safe? How far away would the "homeland" be then? (like, across a large ocean/over the mountain range/etc...?) There is only *one* city left on the surface of the Green Isles, and the rest are ALL underground? Where/what is the small town of Onuthod, and where is it in relation to Cillune harbor?

As for "the movement", if it depends on his charisma, it's going to be VERY small! hehe.. (we're talking like 6 charisma here.. lol!) This whole thing wouldn't have worked a bit in his homeland around other stupid half-orcs? Otherwise, I'm fine with whatever size it would be really. In the phb it says that clerics don't need to worship a specific diety, they just devote themselves to a cause or a source of divine power. This could be exactly what Grimhild did, he devoted himself to the cause of Strength and War, and in his mind over the years, without consciensouly (spelling?) realizing it, he's just "created" this diety that is the invisionment of these causes in his head, and since he doesn't even realize that this god doesn't really exist, he thinks that he DOES exist and begins to "remember" all these things about him (like what his holy symbol is, what he wants from his worshippers, etc). So if he gets others to believe in this god, and all the worship and belief actually springs forth a REAL diety, THAT would be AWESOME! :D hehe

(oh yeah, and about the pt. buy, can't blame a guy for trying, right? :D hehe 28pb it is!)

One more thing about the world, Stouts, Hairfeet and Ferals only come from the Green Isles? and they all live underground?

more later...

RedSwan78

First Post
Lefferts, for those of us that don't know anything about Warlocks (I don't own the book it comes from.. what book is it anyways, complete arcane?), would you care to tell us what they are? :) Like a sorceror/fighter combo? or something different? What is the Eldritch Blast? Is that a spell you cast, or is it an ability of some sorts? I mean, it looks like that is your primary attack action, so just like a fighter can swing a sword a million times a day, you can do your eldritch blast a million times a day? Does it increase in power?

--just curious as to what it is that your character can do! :) (we all know what clerics and fighters/etc can do!)

Might also help for the others that still haven't created characters as to what they could be to fit in the group! Oh, and for those that haven't yet, more healing power is NEVER a bad thing, especially when going up against something like a Dragon and Grim isn't much of a healer anyways! ;) hehe

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I thought I might throw my virtual hat into the ring, and so I present Lalreth Evermoon, and his owl companion Hibou.

Lalreth Evermoon
Male Elf Ranger 6

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity:
Height: 4' 9''
Weight: 103lbs
Hair: Golden Blonde
Eyes: Green

Str: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Dex: 17 (+3) [6 points, +2 racial, +1 level]
Con: 10 (+0) [4 points, -2 racial]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 Dex, -2 Con, immunity to magic sleep effects, +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects, low-light vision, weapon proficiency (longsword, rapier, longbow, and shortbow), +2 racial bonus to Listen, Spot, and Search checks, free Search check within 5 feet of a concealed door). Favored enemy (dragons +4, humans +2), Track, wild empathy (+6), archery combat style (Rapid Shot and Manyshot), animal companion, divine spells, proficient in all simple and martial weapons, light armor, and shields (excluding tower shields).

Hit Dice: 6d8
HP: 38
AC: 18 (+3 Dex, +5 armor)
Init: +3 (+3 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +5 [+5 base, +0 Con]
Reflex +5 [+5 base, +3 Dex]
Will +4 [+2 base, +2 Wis]

BAB: +6/+1
Melee Atk: +8/+3 (1d8+1/19-20/x2/S, MW longsword)
Ranged Atk: +11/+6 (1d8+2/x3/220 ft./P, One Mile Strike)
Rapid Shot Ranged Atk: +9/+4
Manyshot Ranged Atk: +8 (1d8+3)

Skills:
Climb +9 [8 ranks, +1 Str]
Hide +12 [9 ranks, +3 Dex]
Knowledge (geography) +7 [5 ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (nature) +7 [5 ranks, +2 Int]
Listen +13 [9 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Move Silently +12 [9 ranks, +3 Dex]
Search +13 [9 ranks, +2 Int, +2 racial]
Spot +13 [9 ranks, +2 Wis, +2 racial]
Survival +11 [9 ranks, +2 Wis]

Feats:
Track (ranger bonus 1st level)
Point Blank Shot (1st level)
Rapid Shot (ranger combat style bonus 2nd level)
Precise Shot (3rd level)
Manyshot (ranger combat style bonus 6th level)
Weapon Focus (longbow) (6th level)

Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Sylvan

Spells Per Day
Save DC +2
1st - longstrider, resist energy.

Equipment:
Backpack - 2gp
40 arrows – 2gp
mithral chain shirt – 1,100gp
MW longsword – 315gp
2 daggers – 4gp
Bedroll 5sp
Waterskin 1gp
50 ft. silk rope 10gp
Trail rations (20 days worth) 10gp
Belt pouch 1gp
Cold weather outfit 8gp
Traveler’s outfit (Free)

Magic Item
[sblock]One Mile Strike - +1 distance composite (+1) longbow – 8,500gp
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/n/jnunnink/longbows1.jpg.html

This elegant longbow is carved from the dark and supple heartwood of an ironoak, and wrapped in the hide of a king stag. The black leather grips, and the strong tips of the bow are reinforced with his antlers.

One Mile Strike was made almost a hundred years from the start of draconic rule. It was created by an elven magician only known to history as Moonbow. Moonbow was one of the many that tried to strike back at the dragons, but he knew that he was not strong enough to become a classical dragonslayer. He could not run quickly, was not strong enough to fight with a sword, and had magic ill-suited for combat. However, he did have friends that guarded the borders of the elven lands, ones renowned for their ability to shoot far and accurately. It was said they could fell intruders so far away their companions never knew who killed them.

Wanting to capitalize on that, and knowing the terrible speed of dragons, Moonbow created a magical bow that could fire an arrow farther and higher than anyone could expect, and lose no accuracy in its flight. The bow received its name after a nigh-miraculous shot at a fleeing dragon struck home at nearly a mile distance from its shooter, felling the badly wounded beast.

Moonbow was going to create several more of these bows, in hopes of felling many dragons from afar, but it was not to be. Somehow the dragons learned of his creation, and chose to punish him and his village to make an example to the others. The village was destroyed in a single swift and brutal strike, taking out the deadly elven arches and the dangerous Moonbow.

However, One Mile Strike survived the inferno, and was taken by one of the elven youths that helped bury the dead. It passed from youth to youth, few knowing of its impressive properties, preferring to attribute such prowess to themselves. It came to Lalreth as the prize in an archery contest, and he is slowly becoming aware that it may be the bow itself that gives him such accuracy, rather than himself. [/sblock]

Money
346gp, 5sp

Hibou, owl animal companion: Small animal; HD 3: hp 12; Init +4; Spd 10 ft., fly 40 ft. (average); AC 20 (+2 size, +4 Dex, +4 natural), touch 16, flat-footed 16; Base Atk +3; Grp -9; Atk: talons +8 melee (1d4-3); full Atk: talons +8 melee (1d4-3) -; Space/Reach 2 ½ ft./0 ft.; SQ low-light vision, link, share spells, evasion; AL N; SV Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +3; Str 5, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 4.

Skills and Feats: Listen +14, Move Silently +17, Spot +6*; Weapon Finesse.

Owls have a +8 racial bonus on Listen checks, and a +14 racial bonus on Move Silently Checks. *They have a +8 racial bonus to Spot checks in areas of shadowy illumination.

Tricks Known:[/b] Attack, Down, Fetch, Guard, Come, Assist Attack, Seek, Assist Track

Picture of Hibou - http://www.wildlife-art-paintings.co.uk/bird-birds-animal-artist/barn-owl-picture-4.jpg

~~~~~

Appearance: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/t/w/twollweber/elfranger.jpg.html
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/h/l/hluedecke/elfarcher_ew.jpg.html

Lalreth is a slight elf man that, while strong, is barely a hundred pounds soaking wet. Slender, with long fingers and a graceful carriage, he moves with much of fabled grace of his kind. His features are narrow and his nose is long, though his eyes are large and seem like deep green pools. His dark gold hair is slightly past shoulder-length, and usually kept tied back. He wears a fine mithral shirt covered by his traveling leathers, and has leather bracers on his arms so that Hibou, his owl friend, can land with comfort. He keeps a serviceable longsword at his side, and an elegantly-carved longbow across his back.

Personality: Lalreth, or Lal as most people call him, is observant, curious, and has a keen mind. He likes solving puzzles and mysteries, and applies that to his chosen profession as a hunter. Though he can be reserved around strangers, he loses his reserve quickly in the face of any mutual problem or laughter. He’s been known to play pranks on those who can take a joke, and listens avidly to any funny stories in order to keep his spirits up during long and lonely hunts.

Background: Lal grew up in a world under the dominion of dragons. His first tracking lessons were against dragons, his first histories were theirs; his first loss (of a cousin) was to them. No one, not even the long-lived elves, could afford the long and leisurely childhoods that those born in peace could enjoy. Lal learned at a young age that you couldn’t avoid dragons or hide from them for long, so it was best to learn to deal with them.

As Lal grew, he began to play both sides of the field. Though his first tracking lessons were against dragons, he also learned how to hunt humans, so that dragons would think to hire him to capture servants that had displeased them. He could hunt a human one month, and track down a dragon another, and felt very little remorse about constantly switching sides. The gold his captures and kills brought were enough for fine wine, pleasurable company, and bawdy songs enough to slake his lust for life, and for now, that is enough. Unlike many, Lal has lost no close family or kin to the dragons (for he barely knew his cousin that perished in his youth), and lacks the burning rage that drives so many to kill dragons remorselessly. Perhaps one day that will change, but for now Lal is little more than a feckless youth.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Redswan - The Orcs and Dwarves live on a differernt contient, where a large community of Hairfeet settled after fleeing the dragons. Cullaine is on the southern most island and their dragon (Orerauthvae)'s protection extends to include the ships coming in and out of port.
Stouts, Hairfeet and Ferals developed in realative isolation for and age before humans arrived. bringing a higher level of technology. The islandars mostly converted from 20 seperate tounges to common and a golden age of peace and prosperity followed.(at least in the stories) Before dragons came. A single pair of dragons, at first. Their adult children, and younger grandchildren helped to destroy the cities. The orginal pair is gone (hopefully). Dragons are nearly unknown elsewhere in the world, at least in fact, while stories abound.

Okay how about a god that you think your grandmother told you about, that noone else had even heard of. You just keep remembering(re: making up) more details. With your charaisma, the chance of you being able to convince others is very small. Even if modified when dealing with other fair orcs (sorry)

Supergirl - trading for another known spell is fine, actually I would prefer it. The sorcerer archtypes are Ruler, Warrior, Crafter and thinker/councilor let me know which of these your extra spell comes from.

Mithran - change the color from red to gold (no good dragons) and the story is perfect. This is exactly the way dragons would behave.

Leffters - the item is fine, and I was away from my library when I posted. I dont understand why they made maximize and empower equal, but we'll play it as written.

Lefferts

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Leffters - the item is fine, and I was away from my library when I posted. I dont understand why they made maximize and empower equal, but we'll play it as written.

They gave Heighten the same prerequisite, too.

Lefferts

First Post
RedSwan78 said:
Lefferts, for those of us that don't know anything about Warlocks (I don't own the book it comes from.. what book is it anyways, complete arcane?), would you care to tell us what they are?

It is from Complete Arcane. A warlock doesn't have spells, he has invocations (basically the same thing). He gets even fewer invoc./spells than sorcerer, but he can use his invocations an unlimited number of times a day.

Eldritch Blast is an invocation that allows the warlock to shoot a ray out as a touch attack. Damage depends on warlock level. As an invocation, it is usable an unlimited number of times per day. (So basically my primary attack option, like you said)

azmodean

First Post
I have the character mostly statted out, but the skills ended up a bit odd so I wanted you to be able to look at them without all of the other stuff getting in the way, and I didn't want to put the level-by-level progression on the character sheet post. It ended up this way because I can't take ranks of tumble at normal cost on my cleric levels, and on cleric levels I get two extra skill points. Each monk level I take two ranks of tumble and one rank of concentration, and each cleric level I take one rank of concentration, two ranks of Knowledge(arcana), and two ranks of diplomacy. The two ranks in sense motive is there because I had points left over after spending the maximum for my first level in tumble, concentration, knowledge(arcana), and Diplomacy.
Code:
Intelligence 10
Human skill point bonus

Skill pts: 39
     Skill                 Rank Cost Mod Total
Tumble                      8     10  +1   +9
Concentration               9     9   +1   +10
Knowledge(arcana)           8     8   +0   +8
Sense Motive                2     4   +3   +5
Diplomacy                   8     8   -1   +7

T   C   K(a) SM  D
Cle1   2   4   4    2   4   
Mnk1   4   5   4    2   4
Cle2   4   6   6    2   6
Mnk2   6   7   6    2   6
Cle3   6   8   8    2   8
Mnk3   8   9   8    2   8

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Supergirl - trading for another known spell is fine, actually I would prefer it. The sorcerer archtypes are Ruler, Warrior, Crafter and thinker/councilor let me know which of these your extra spell comes from.

Ky doesn't fit into any of those, not really, she knows how to fight, but she doesn't like it. No one in their right mind would put her in charge of anything. She isn't cerebral, or anything, and she doesn't really know how to make things. If their was a trickster archtype availible, it would be her, and disguise self would work.

Umm, if it has to be one of the above, then warrior, but trickery is more in character as she likes to avoid fights.

Super Girl

First Post
Here is Kylala's stats, excepting whatever is decided on the extra spell/archetype.

Her magical item, as well as her masterwork short swords come from a hidden tomb on the island created long before the dragons came to the island. All three, the Armor, and two blades were done in the same style (dark coloring, inlaid etchings, etc), though only the Armor is magical.

+1 Leather Armor
-Shadow (+5 hide)
-Silent (+5 to move silently)
8,500 GP

[sblock]
Kylala
Rogue 5/ Sorcerer 1
AL: chaotic/good
Hair: Black Eyes: Green
Height: 5’3” Weight: 93 Age: 17

Str: 10
Dex: 16 +3
Con: 10
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 10
Cha: 16 +3(4th level)

Saves:
Fortitude: +1
Reflex: +4
Will: +3

HP: 27
AC: 17 (10 + 3 Dex + 3 Leather Armor (+1) +1 TWD)
Init: +3

Base attack bonus: +3
Melee: +3 (+6 Finesse) (+7 MW Short Sword/ +5/+5 [1D6])
Ranged:

SQs:
Sneak Attack +3D6, Evasion, Trapfinding, Trapsense +1, Uncanny Dodge

Feats:
Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Defense
Weapon Finesse
Practiced Spell-caster

Weapons:
2 Masterwork Short Swords [620 GP]
+7 or +5/+5 (1D6, 19-20/x2) 4lb

Dagger [2 GP]