Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The skills look okay azmodean

Super girl-the sorcerer archtypes are where you draw power from, they dont have to reflect your personanlity - how bout charm person/Hypnotism, Magic weapon/shield, Unseen Servant/grease or Comprehend languages/Alarm (pick one) There will be addional spells of the same theme if you take more sorcerer levels.
EDIT: Which one of those two?

Lefftrets - what are your invocations?

Last edited:

Mithran

First Post
Ok, if that back story works I will go ahead and build the character, would stout be a reasonable race?.

Last edited:

RedSwan78

First Post
Evilhalfling,

Ok, I like the sound of that about the god thing (that Grim thinks he remembers his grandmother telling him things about him). He'll still tell others about the god, and hey, even if he only gets like 5 other people to believe in him, that'd be cool! Also, I'll leave it up to you to decide if the god is actually real or not! (as in, Grim thought he remembered his grandmother telling him something about a very old, forgotten god, and Grim and maybe only a few other people are the ones that believe in him now, so he has "re-awakened"... OR Grim is just completely making it all up in his head, and the god doesn't exist and he's just getting his divine powers from the powers that he believes in - Strength and War) whatever you decide is fine with me, don't tell me either way. :) Let it be whatever you want it to be and use it *however* you want to :) (makes for interesting story possibilities, eh? :) )

Also, I mostly have Grim stated out and all, I'm still just trying to decide on a few things. I have a question about one other feat, just so I know if it's an option or not to even think about.

It's also a feat from Complete Warrior - Monkey Grip
Monkey Grip allows you to use a larger weapon than other people of your size.

Without the feat, you take a -2 penalty to attack with the weapon, and the amount of effort it takes to use the weapon increases (meaning a larger one-handed weapon is considered a two-handed weapon, and you can NOT use a larger two-handed weapon at all.

WITH the feat, you still take the -2 penalty to attack with the weapon, but the amount of effort it takes to use a larger weapon does *not* change (meaning, a larger one handed weapon is still considered a one handed weapon, and a larger two-handed weapon is still considered a two-handed weapon for you)

Grim's weapon he'll be using is the Greatsword (a two-handed weapon that does 2d6). If he took the Monkey Grip feat, he'd use a *large* Greatsword, which would be a two-handed weapon with a -2 penalty to attack, but the damage would advance to 3d6.

Let me know if that would be ok. I haven't entirely decided what I want for my 3rd feat. Right now the two I'm going to take are Improved Toughness, and Dragon Hunter. I have two other feats in mind (from the phb), and also Monkey Grip, and I just wanted to know if it's even an option to be thinking about MG, I'm still undecided either way which of the 3 I'd choose.

Grim should be stated and writen up by the time I go to bed tonight (I go to bed late, which is normally when I would be posting - up till about 3am EST.. Wed/Thurs is my "weekend". And yeah, posting once a day is cool with me :) Just like I said, mine wouldn't come till late night is all!)

~Grim

Mithran

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Hond Arvild
[B]Class:[/B] Barbarian
[B]Race:[/B] Stout
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Good
[B]Deity:[/B] none

[B]Str:[/B] 16 +3      [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1      [B]BAB:[/B] +6         [B]HP:[/B] 87 (6d12+30)
[B]Con:[/B] 20*+5      [B]Grapple:[/B] +9     [B]Current HP:[/B] 87/87
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Failure:[/B] 25%
[B]Cha:[/B] 8  -1      [B]ACP:[/B] -4         *18 before the item

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +5    +0    +1    +0    +0    +0    16
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod    Misc Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      5    +5     +1     +11
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2     +1     +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0     +1     +3

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Aya                       +10    2d6+5      19-20X2
Throwing axe              +8     1d6+3      X2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Class:
-Fast movement
-rage 2/day
-Improved uncanny dodge
-Trap sense +2

Race: 
Medium build, short, slow land speed = 20 ft but can be maintained while
encumbered (as dwarf), low light vision, +1 to all saves,
+2 to listen or crafts involving stone or metal, +1 to hit ferals or dragons,
+4 AC dodge vs. dragons

[B]Feats:[/B] Power attack, Endurance, Improved overun

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 35       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 7/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Climb                      5    +3   +0     +8
Intimidate                 9    +0   -1     +8
Listen                     7    +0   +2     +9
Jump                       6    +3   +0     +9
Survival                   9    +0   +0     +9

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Aya                      4350gp 8lb
Throwing axes (x3)       24gp   6lb
Breastplate              200gp  30lb
Talisman of Honor        4000gp -
Backpack                 2gp    2lb
Bedroll                  1sp    5lb
Winter blanket           5sp    3lb
Flint&steel              1gp    -
Silk rope                10gp   5lb
Torch (x3)               3cp    3lb
Tent                     20gp   20lb
Waterskin (x2)           2gp    8lb
Explorers outfit         10gp   8lb
Cold weather outfit      8gp    7lb
Antitoxin (x2)           100gp  -
Sunrod (x5)              10gp   5lb
Climbers kit             80gp   5lb
Potions of Cure light(x3)150gp  -
Potion of bears endurance300gp  -

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 115lb      [B]Money:[/B] 32gp 3sp 7cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               76  153   230   230   1150

[B]Age:[/B] 22
[B]Height:[/B] 5'3"
[B]Weight:[/B] 185lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] blue
[B]Hair:[/B] brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Tanned

[B]Appearance:[/B] 
Hond is tall For a stout, humans would still call him stocky, either way he's quite muscular
and tanned from his travels. he has long brown hair and blue eyes. He dresses rather plainly
in leather breeches white shirt with a brown leather jacket over it (Or his breastplate if he
is dressed for battle) and a faded green cloak. The worn black scabbard that houses Aya hangs
from his back and three throwing axes hang from his belt.

[B]Background:[/B] 
Hond Arvild
Hond was born into the (Appropriate name here) tribe and consequently into servitude to a gold
dragon, Hond's tribe was one of many who were enslaved by this particular dragon. Hond was the
son Alvar the tribes chief and being the son of the chief was taught to be the protector of the
tribe (In secret of course). He was taught skill with weapons and armor but most of all the
secret's of anger and how it can be harnessed in battle. In the mean time he worked for the dragon
like everyone else and even started a romance with a tribal girl named Lami whom he decided he would
marry some day.

Alvar was always a bit more outspoken when it came to the dragon than might be wise. So it happened
that one day when Hond was about 17, Alvar had spoken back to the dragon and angered it so it grabbed
up Alvar and squeezed (Breaking a good many bones) then dropped him in the village as a warning to the
other villagers. Hond was working in a mine a mile or so away at the time so it took a good deal of
time for Hond to get back. When Hond finally got to the village some friends had moved Hond's father
to a hut and he was barely holding on to life. Hond's father gave him one instruction before he passed
"Freedom".

Hond pondered this the rest of the night before finally deciding he would leave the village and find
his way to others who thought like himself. The next night he kissed Lami goodbye and went to the
Shaman to recieve his blessing. The Shaman blessed him and gave him two item's: Aya and the Talisman
of honor. The Shaman also told him of a vision he had of a free city above the ground, so Hond escaped
and has now traveled many miles and has finally found his free city where he hopes to find people willing
to fight for freedom.

[B]Personality: [/B]
Hond has a fairly cheerful personality and is generally pretty good humored, although when it comes to his
duty's he is very serious. He is slow to anger but once someone does anger him he is hard to calm down.

[B]Unique Items: [/B]
Aya is the legendary (In the village anyway) Sword of stars wielded by the chief's since the day's of old,
it was made for chief Hilmar long ago(before the dragons came) by an elven sword smith. The sword is 
intelligent in it's own way and is an honored relic of the tribes brighter past. Aya is a very finely
crafted sword made of folded steel, the blade is very heavy and has etched into it "Honored star" written
in elven. The hilt is very plain, the pommel gem however is a blue saphire.
Aya sword of stars is a +1 intelligent(CG) greatsword, lesser power: bless 3/day Ego: 4 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 10

The Talisman of honor is a golden shield that hangs from a chain, the Talisman is supposed to help honorable
warriors on their path. The game stat's are actually just con +2

Ok, here we go I think he's all done

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Still missing
Ferrix's background
azmodean's full stats
Redswan's stats.

I will try and decide around 7am GST or 2am EST
no to monkeygrip feat, having few gaints there would be no reason to train for this.
and in the small caves of the green isles the penalties would multiply.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Extendending deadlines due to the boards being off line.
Ferrix and Lefftis are done.
still waiting on two, asmodean and Redswan to post stats.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases