Dragonslayers [Aftermath]

RedSwan78

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Redswan - if this was'nt clear fair orcs have replaced halforcs - ie same stats, and they look more like humans than common orcs, but they are thier own independant race. There is no reason orcs and humans should be able to crossbreed.
(even in tolkin there was magical assistance. )
oh right you also have Endurance as a Bonus feat.
edit: Half orc is used as slang however. And your background, aside from this detail is very good.

Evilhalfling, no, I wasn't aware that fair orcs where their own seperate race (as in not the cross-breeds of orcs and humans)

Cool about the endurance feat, I'll update Grim's sheet with it tomorrow :) Oh, and glad you enjoyed the background :D

azmodean

First Post
I apologise for the delay. I am waiting on your confirmation before posting this in the Rogue's gallery.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Velsouvus
[B]Class:[/B] Monk/Cleric
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawfull Neutral
[B]Deity:[/B] Vixzu

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 6        [B]XP:[/B] 15,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +4         [B]HP:[/B] 50 (3d8+3d8+12)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +6
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 40'
[B]Wis:[/B] 17 +3 (10p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +3
[B]Cha:[/B]  8 -1 (00p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Wis   Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +1    +0    +2    +0    +1    +3    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 12

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      6    +1   +1    +8
[B]Ref:[/B]                       4    +2   +3    +9
[B]Will:[/B]                      6    +3   +1    +10

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Unarmed attack            +7     1d6+3      20/x2
Flurry                    +5/+5  1d6+3      20/x2
MW Chain                  +8     1d6+3      20/x2
MW Shuriken               +7     1d2+2      20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] Rebuke Undead, Spontaneous Casting(inflict), Flurry of Blows, 
Unarmed Strike, Evasion, Still Mind.

[B]Feats:[/B] Improved Toughness, Practiced Spellcaster, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, Lightning Reflexes

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 27       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 9/4
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              9    +1    +0    +10
Diplomacy                  9    -1    +0    +8
Knowledge(arcana)          4    +3    +0    +7
Sense Motive               2    +3    +0    +5
Tumble                     8    +2    +0    +10

[B]Equipment:                 Cost  Weight[/B]
[i]Bougyo[/i] gi               8,000gp    5lb
MW Chain                  325gp   10lb
MW Shuriken(40)            56gp    4lb
Wand of [i]Cure light wounds[/i] 750gp    ---    50 charges
Backpack                    2gp    2lb
 Bedroll                    1sp    5lb
 Caltrops(4)                4gp    8lb
 Sunrod(2)                  4gp    2lb
 Trail Rations(8 days)      4gp   8lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]44lb      [B]Money:[/B] 154gp  9sp  0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                58   116   175   350   875

[B]Domains:[/B]Death and War

[B]Spells Memorised[/B]
[B]Orisons:[/B] Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance, Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds
[B]First Level:[/B] Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith, Bless +Magic Weapon
[B]Second Level:[/B]Bull's Strength, Cure Moderate Wounds +Death Knell

[B]Special Equipment[/B]
[i]Bougyo[/i] gi: This cotton gi with metal threads woven through the fabric is 
enchanted to provide a +1 enhancement bonus to unarmed attacks, armor, 
and natural armor.  It also provides a +1 resistance bonus to all saves.

[B]Age:[/B] 20
[B]Height:[/B] 5'7"
[B]Weight:[/B] 160lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Green
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Darkly Tanned
Appearance: Velsouvus is a medium height human of heavy build. He wears a finely made white gi with metal threads woven into it and a chain wrapped around his waist.

Background: Velsouvus is from a temple on the Green Isles which specializes in training warriors to focus their minds to the task of driving off or destroying the dragons who have usurped control of the Green Isles. Velsouvus has trained at the temple nearly all his life to this point. Originally he was enrolled at the temple as a way to lessen the burden on his family, as the temple does not require a tuition for fit students. As he has trained with the monks of the temple however, Velsouvus has observed the hardship the people in his area of the Green Isles must endure due to the depredations of the dragons, and has adopted the temple's quest as his own, to do whatever necessary to drive the dragons from the Green Isles. After he made this decision, Velsouvus gained a focus almost unrivalled in the temple, shrugging off physical discomfort and injury to train ever harder to master his body and mind. This has made him somewhat unpopular with the other students of the temple, as his ferocity does not allow him to "go easy" on those he trains with. However, it makes him extremely popular with the leaders of the temple, as their purpose is to train dragonkillers, and their greatest shame is those students who selfishly use their teachings for other ends.

Upon graduation he was presented with the temple's Bougyo gi in recognition of his abilities, and in the hope that he would be able to go forth and carry out the wishes of the temple. The Bougyo gi is a powerfull magical item in the form of a thick, long-sleeved shirt with metal fibers woven with cotton which enhances the martial abilities of the wearer in many ways. When the gi is worn the skin of the wearer toughens, especially the striking surfaces used in unarmed combat, this both allows the wearer to avoid damage more easily and to deal out damage more effectively. Due to its special construction and enchantment, the gi itself acts as armor without encumbering the wearer, and it even repels magical attacks directed at the wearer.

Since leaving the temple, Velsouvus has headed toward Cillune’s harbor to seek out news of vunerable dragons and allies to aid in his cause.

azmodean

First Post
What do we need diplomacy for? We're just going to kill a big smelly dragon, right? ;)
EvilHalfling, what are the options we know of on the low road besides taking the phantom steeds? Are regular horses available? How long would it take to travel the low road on foot?

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Reglar horses are not avalible, They were not native to the islands, and the few herds were decimated long ago. You could try a boat, there are a few captains willing to dare passage between the isles. Its not as safe, but it is faster. The time on the low road is based on traveling at 20'. There is also the normal force/extended march options. Renting a post horse shortens the journey to a harrowing 9 hr ride.

Remove ads