[Press Release] Necromancer Games to Publish Monster Book "Tome of Horrors"

Voadam

Legend
I was guessing that Orcus would be one of the crossovers but I was betting from Scott's handle that Grazzt would have been in there as well. Fraz Urb Luu is a surprise for completely OGC.

I loved the B&W artwork in the original MM2's demons and devils, if you can recapture that level of quality and evocative art it will be awesome.

Looks like it will be a great book. (I just wish there were a cheap PDF version for the new stuff and art, although I know I am in the minority for that preference:))

Numion

First Post
Intresting..

You see, I'm a WotC man meself. I never buy any third party stuff, except Monte-Cooked-It-Ups, of course, but now, this I'm going to buy. Good thing they got Scott working on it. I'm confident he does a fine job.

Voadam

Legend
Oh yeah, the return of Flumphs! I can remember being served a fried one as a drow delicacy in a game once, although my good aligned character luckily did not know what Flumphs were.:)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Scott, glad I could help. :) I'm still wondering about Orcus, but I imagine that get's explained since it's not a copyrighted name.

Krusty, no matter what you ARE the God man! ;) I do have to say I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Tome, even more than I had originally thought possible. :)

Neo

Explorer
Grazzt said:

It IS hardbound....one monster to a page, etc. :D

Wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Hi Scott

I was talking in general :) colour pictures are nice, but as with any book it's whether it;s hardbound or not that i want first as far as presentation goes, so as far as the art is concerned i'm happy, because my criteria has been met, still i would have liked to have seen boggles make the book they are on all favourite of mine :) (i use your conversion for them in my game already <g>)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Neo said:

Hi Scott

I was talking in general :) colour pictures are nice, but as with any book it's whether it;s hardbound or not that i want first as far as presentation goes, so as far as the art is concerned i'm happy, because my criteria has been met, still i would have liked to have seen boggles make the book they are on all favourite of mine :) (i use your conversion for them in my game already <g>)

My version of the boggles? Cool. Ya should pop over to the CC forums and post playtest/game results of their use in the forums. That way I can make any adjustments needed and also see how they perform in 3e. I havent used them yet, but will at some point.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Numion said:
Intresting..

You see, I'm a WotC man meself. I never buy any third party stuff, except Monte-Cooked-It-Ups, of course, but now, this I'm going to buy. Good thing they got Scott working on it. I'm confident he does a fine job.

Thanks Numion. Glad the power of evil can corrupt a WotC man. :D

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Re: bring it on!

Thorin Stoutfoot said:
My goodness, if this was available 6 months ago, my conversions would have been unncessary!

Though the book versions are cleaner, longer (text-wise), and corrected/altered in some ways...the Creature Catalog has most all of the conversions that are in the book and it has beeb going strong now for about 18 months or so. :D

Link is in my sig if ya need it. :D

Remove ads