[Press Release] Necromancer Games to Publish Monster Book "Tome of Horrors"

Orcus

First Post
Sorry about the color pictures, everyone. It cant happen. I know you enlightened fans on the boards would pay more, but I have two concerns:

1. [primary concern] staying true to 1E feel means b/w; and

2. [secondary concern] the kid in the store who isnt on these boards sees a WotC book (sure, it has less pages) with color art for 29.95 and our book (sure it has way more pages) for 35.95 (which it would be with color) and thinks our book is a "rip off." At the same price, the kid says, "hey, this one has way more monsters, the WotC book is a rip off!" You can see which one I prefer :)

Clark

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
War Golem said:
I'm an RPG consumer that would gladly pay an extra $10 bucks for a hardback with color illustrations over one only b/w. But I think I'm in the minority on this issue. :(

no, i wouldn't say that. i would love color illustrations too, but B/W is ok. :) some of these fellas have never been in color! hey clark, any thought of having just a few color plates of some of the more visually appealing creatures? say, 10 pages or less?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Grazzt said:
My version of the boggles? Cool. Ya should pop over to the CC forums and post playtest/game results of their use in the forums. That way I can make any adjustments needed and also see how they perform in 3e. I havent used them yet, but will at some point.

i did, actually. :) they succeeded in pissing off the players, but then they got killed pretty quickly. :D

Neo

Explorer
Grazzt said:

My version of the boggles? Cool. Ya should pop over to the CC forums and post playtest/game results of their use in the forums. That way I can make any adjustments needed and also see how they perform in 3e. I havent used them yet, but will at some point.

yup, your version of boggles, i'll post some playtest/game result details for you shortly.

seriously how can anyone not love any creature which looked like Gollum :)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Neo said:

yup, your version of boggles, i'll post some playtest/game result details for you shortly.

seriously how can anyone not love any creature which looked like Gollum :)

Cool. Looking forward to your results. Gollum? Never thought of that one before, but I see your point. :D

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Orcus said:
EVERY monster will have accompanying art.

It will be b/w, not color, in keeping with "First Edition Feel" and, frankly, because if we did 350+ color illos we couldnt keep the book under 30.00. We cant print in numbers large enough like WotC to make color an option.

Clark

I agree. Did you get Erol Otus to do any of the art? Black and white art is 1e feel to the max!! No borderline anime stuff! ;)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Flexor the Mighty! said:

I agree. Did you get Erol Otus to do any of the art? Black and white art is 1e feel to the max!! No borderline anime stuff! ;)

yikes! Nothing against anyone that is a fan, but I really can't stand anime that much, and I definately don't think it has its place in D&D. But, that is just my opinion, and YMMV.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Grazzt said:

yikes! Nothing against anyone that is a fan, but I really can't stand anime that much, and I definately don't think it has its place in D&D. But, that is just my opinion, and YMMV.

No Otis I guess? Damn...

And I agree on the anime stuff. I just hope the ELH isn't about turning D&D into Dragonball Z or some :):):):) like that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases