(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes, a new thread, since the last one is nearly full.

Do not even think of posting here until you have looked at pages 4 and 5 of the last thread.

An awful lot of crucial information, and a large number of critically important events, happened in those 2 pages.

Edena_of_Neith

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena:

Day-long actions for day-4:
[edit]- i just read the whole corrupting thing, so here are the day 4 actions
Mr. Draco- "corrupt" portions of the bb into Cydians
Serpenteye- oppose red goo
HA- "corrupt" portions of melkor's corrupted allies into Cydians

I can't email the attacks/defenses, so, myself and Serpenteye are using category 3 defenses for the UO, and the HA is defending itself at category 3.

No attacks

Last edited:

Gurdjieff

First Post
My email is being a bit silly towards me, so I'll be posting here my actions for day 4:

Defense: Myself, Emerald Order, lvl 3 defense (-2 penalty) becomes +1 Defense on myself.

Attack: Black Brotherhood, lvl 3 attack (-2 penalty) becomes +1 Attack on Black Brotherhood.

11th Level Action:

You may corrupt several hundred thousand people, or over an area the size of Bissel, in a much more severe way - you may shift them to Shade, undead, Celestials, monsters, elves, humanoids, kender, or anything else you wish them to be. Success is automatic.

I am corrupting the Black Brotherhood into Celestials.

I'm also asking what my attempts on the scying gave for results. My power wasn't in the list

Also, did my 11th level action of last turn succeed? In that case, light returned to Oerth. (I was making the sun shine bright, yellowish light again).

To the members of the Oerth Alliance, Union of Oerth:

"I proposed peace. I asked for help, help from a greater power. They did not answer me. In the call for peace, not all answered me. Some of those who answered, claimed that peace was unacceptable. If we can't talk it into peace, peace must come in actions. One of our major threaths, Melkor, Lord of Evil, is gone. He has ventured into Ravenloft, where he's waiting, waiting for us. With evil wondering this planet, we cannot have peace. I throw down my peacekeeping. We have waited long enough. I will purify this world, I will remove the source of great evil away. This includes the Black Brotherhood, the creator of the Shadowballs and the spreader of the Goo. If I find out whom is doing this, they will suffer. I ask you, allies of the Alliance, stand with me. Also, Union of Oerth, if peace and goodwill are really your intentions, show them. Show them now. Attack the Evil. Assist me in the greatest battle we will have to fight, a battle against ourselves.

Don't forget, hatred can't be pushed away. It is deep inside everyone, it consumes, then corrupts, then it's too late. I will remove my source of hatred by removing the thing my hatred targets, Evil.

Now, friends, allies.... Who is with me?

Angelika, restless leader of the Emerald Order

Mr. Draco

First Post
Venus said:
Also, Union of Oerth, if peace and goodwill are really your intentions, show them. Show them now. Attack the Evil. Assist me in the greatest battle we will have to fight, a battle against ourselves.

The Union of Worlds will not violently oppose the black brotherhood. Such battle strengthens the mists. Instead, we will use our 11th level power to "enlighten" what members of the bb and melkor's corrupted allies we can.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Ergoth-Nog answers Venus/Angelika. There were young man among us who stayed and spoke at last peace meeting. You might remember him, Eidor, he was called. He intended never to speak at all, after all, no diplomat was he, and I did not know, he intended to speak, when he stayed. Lord Melkor, with burning of his evil divane aura, had made him know fear, he had never known in his life, 'cause you see, Eidor was one of those people who had never feared much of anything before. So he spoke, he acted, to win that fear, since he realized, it was about more than Melkor. Melkor was god after all, and so that fear of him must be fear of many different things, only those smal mortal things, are not so darkly shining, not so noticably intimidating. That is what he told me. So he really spoke of his heart.

Perhaps it was not such a good speech as such, but, mayhaps a right one, considering how people reacted (and Eidor had not been excepting much of a reaction).

Still remember that reaction?

ANSWER:

There is mixed reaction to this speech in Realmspace, because there is a lot of confusion.
Some people think Eidor is for war, and they cheer that.
Some people think Eidor is for peace through strength, and they cheer that.
Some people think Eidor is for a negotiated peace, and they cheer that.

And, of course, those who favor war, and believe Eidor wants a negotiated peace, boo and hiss.
Those who believe Eidor wants war, when they think a negotiated peace is possible, sadly shake their heads.

Simplest thing is the most hardest one to get, I think. And I think OA has pretty same problem with politics concidering people's reactions, Eidor had. Not really problem to us, but to OA it is. War, peace, healing, to us they aren't some clear single paths to be followed. But many seems to want clearer paths. Some are too tired of war, some to tired of 'false peace'-short term solutions, they want good war to make it clean, make it more clear, and they want to win, and have power and all the good things that come from that power, of course. Some just want back their green world, and don't care whatever it is done with weapons of war or tools of peace.

Ah, but to aswer your question. Black Brotherhood seems to be against anything contructive, so reducing them harmless, would be good thing to do. If someone of you still have resources, please help Venus in this. Black Brotherhood is so anti-life, imprisoning then would clean the air a lot. Lauching attacks right and left, however is not IMO very sensible thing to do. We don't truly know who was behind black balls, or goo-spreading, or many such things. Maybe working together we can sort out those problems as well. Me and Kalanyr managed to do that.

Angelika, we will help, as always, to fight off magics of those foolish ones. However, we need meeting to discuss things openly. Many have changed, or claim to have, like Union of Oerth folk. Fourth touch has arrived, and time is growing short.

Attacking, however, we are not, this isn't the right time for that.

Please attend the meeting, despite it's absurb 'absolute peace' stamp, it might actually be useful meeting.

Oh, one more thing.

A battle against ourselves you say, so this is the way how you wish to fight yourself then? That just sounds weird. Maybe I missed your point?

Mr. Draco

First Post
A letter goes out from the union of worlds encouraging each faction to spend its 11th level feat for day 4 on assisting the union's effort to counteract the red-goo being thrown all over the multiverse.

Black Omega

First Post
And back again.
----------------------------------------------------
Melkor: As far as what happens to PC's, no worries. I use a PC with a different name than my posting name exactly so if something is said or done to Siobhan, it's perfectly clear it's all IC.

Though as it is, Melkor just ended up with some 100% fae snow this time.
The Coalition of Light and Shadow has no declared attack this turn and we're being public about it. Defense is still held though.
The Coalition's 11th level action this turn is freeing the nations Melkor corrupted from that corruption. Since they seem busy protecting the Shades, they are hopefully distracted from defending. Note: We're simply freeing them from the corruption. Not adding any programming of our own.
-----------------------------------------------------
And we are certainly looking still for the source of those globes...grrr:)

Black Omega

First Post
Siobhan paces out on the balcony of her tower, looking out over the forest with a sigh "Well, not quite as much as I was hoping for. A nice empty threat before my 'other' was returned to the snow and ice from wence she came." then a little girlish giggle "I'd have loved tosee his face though..." she admits,a little skip added to her step.

Morre nods briskly "It's not surprising he could not tell the difference." at a sharp glance from Siobhan he *ahems* "At..well..do we prepare another attack then?" he asks quickly.

Siobhan shrugs,a languid gesture tracing silver fire in the air for a moment "No. Not even against Melkor. Damn it! We can't just sit back. Magic of this power is too dangerous, you have to attack with it, not just defend! But..do the mists win even if we are simply preventing someone from wiping us out? I don't like this at all, Morre. But no attack. Not until I say otherwise., But keep our defenses up and ready."

Morre nods, taking note of this "The operation against the nations Melkor magically swayed to his side is ready. Mordenkainen is still calling people 'mammals' now and then but he seems to be slowly returning to normal. With luck we can cut this last leg out from under Melkor and do it withoutactually striking a blow against anyone."

Siobhan nods simply and commands "Make it so."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases