D&D 2E has anyone converted Glassteel (2e spell)

Devon

First Post
Has anyone converted the 2e spell Glassteel to 3e?

Did you keep the same spell level and area effect (10 lbs/level)?

- Devon

Tewligan

First Post
Green Ronin converted it - it's in Freeport: City of Adventure. I'm at work at the moment, so I don't have the book with me, but I want to say it's 6th level. I'll check tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Devon

First Post
Sounds like a good idea.

I had to make it permenent, but I removed the capacity for items of +1 enchantment.

- Devon

Glassteel
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute/lb. transformed
Range: Touch
Target: 5 lb. of touched glass/level
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Glassteel is a magical substance created by arcane spellcasters from normal glass. While remaining natural glass in almost every way, glassteel is as strong, and heavy as steel, perfect for making windows for vehicles such as deep-sea craft, siege vehicles, and other structures.

Spells that affect metal or iron (such as heat metal) do not function on glassteel. Spells that affect glass do affect glassteel. Using this spell with a glass-related Craft check, the character can fashion glass items that function as steel items. Thus, glass armor and glass swords can be created that are as durable as their normal, steel counterparts.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
the Jester said:
Sheesh! I don't think a skill check should be able to duplicate a 6th-level spell, that's for sure!

I agree, but remember what world we are talking about in reference to Races of Faerun--the Forgotten Realms. I rest my case. :D

the Jester

Legend
Grazzt said:
I agree, but remember what world we are talking about in reference to Races of Faerun--the Forgotten Realms. I rest my case. :D

Oh yeah, sorry... I forgot. Spellfire and all that, gotcha.

Remove ads