The Hidden Vault

I realize that these instant adventures face limitations in space, but still if I spend money for a pre-generated adventure,
There are certain things I want.
1) Art: The illustrations are reasonably well done, but rather sparse.
2) Boxed-Text: You know what I mean, the graphic verbal descriptions that are supposed to imbue the proper mood for the players.
The text in this adventure is OK, but not award winning.
3) Role-playing: Almost none. What little role-playing that will occur happens with the means you choose to tie this module into your campaign. Besides the hire the adventurers to do the dirty work plot device, there is no help given here.
4) Smart NPC's: By this I mean, are their motivations and actions reasonable, or has the writer had them do something stupid so that there will be an adventure? Here I'd have to say yes and no. The villains, yes, the dwarves you're supposed to rescue, no. If the dwarves had been smart, there would be no need for your services.
5) Goodies: New items and/or monsters. One of each, which is fairly standard for this format, but neither is spectacular.

The adventure is passable, but the AEG modules are cheaper in price, so I rate this (2/5). If this had been priced like the AEG modules, I'd have rated this a (3/5).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases