The Runic Storyhour: An Oriental Adventure in The Dream

doghead

thotd
Just found this SH. I'm only a few sessions in, but am really enjoying it. I have tried to run a couple of games with an Eastern setting. They were much more conventional. If I have another go (and its something I would like to do), I am now tempted to lean towards something a little more dreamlike, like your setting.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

thotd

doghead

thotd
No! It just stops.

Oh well, it was a great read while it lasted. Thank everyone who contributed to the writing of this SH.
[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION] - I saw you post the other day, so I thought that I would ask in case you wandered back this way. Did you have a table of Reality Shift effects? Were they just random, or did the effect correlate to the cause in some way?

Cheers and once again, thanks for posting.

thotd

Rune

Once A Fool
No! It just stops.

Oh well, it was a great read while it lasted. Thank everyone who contributed to the writing of this SH.

I was disappointed, too! My life kind of fell apart for a while right about then. For a long while I had hopes of getting the game going again, but, as the years went by and I lost contact with most of the players, I had to accept that it was unlikely. There was a little bit that never got written up, but not very much.

Perhaps, one of these days, I'll get around to adding that bit...

[MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION] - I saw you post the other day, so I thought that I would ask in case you wandered back this way. Did you have a table of Reality Shift effects? Were they just random, or did the effect correlate to the cause in some way?

I did have a random table, at some point, but I didn't restrict myself to its use, particularly if the situation begged for something in particular (like the forest fire). Also, I usually tried to have Reality Shifts related to death reflect the Dream(er) mourning.

All in all, I consider those earlier attempts at playing in the Dream to have been a little clumsy (although certainly evocative). Later campaigns have been more subtle. It took my brother years to figure out that the 8ish year game (so far) we play is set in it (none of the other players would know, of course)!

Cheers and once again, thanks for posting.

thotd

Thanks for your interest!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases