The Runic Storyhour: An Oriental Adventure in The Dream

Rune

Once A Fool
Broccli_Head said:
Things do not look well for our heroes. When do we find out what happened?

All too soon...Muahahahaha!

Okay, here's a quiz, to hold you off (based on memory, which may be fuzzy and inaccurate):

What would a tiger be doing on the ceiling?

Where'd those dirty dwarves get off to, anyway?

Who was that masked man?

Didn't that bookstore look different the last time they were there?

Did that crafty little halfling just come up with a non-fire related idea?

"Why can't we retreat, again?"

Are our heroes in over their heads?

Last edited:

wsclark

Explorer
Rune said:

All too soon...Muahahahaha!

Okay, here's a quiz, to hold you off (based on memory, which may be fuzzy and inaccurate):

Ok.

What would a tiger be doing on the ceiling?

Something scared it?

Where'd those dirty dwarves get off to, anyway?

A public bath house?

Who was that masked man?

The city garbage sweeper?

Didn't that bookstore look different the last time they were there?

Yes, and the time before that, and the time before that, and...

Did that crafty little halfling just come up with a non-fire related idea?

No way, it's just subtle misdirection.

"Why can't we retreat, again?"

Retreating is for whimps.

Are our heroes in over their heads?

Always.

wsclark

Explorer
Seriously

Rune,

Just want to let you know that I am keeping tabs on you story hour. It is really enjoyable to see this much creativity put into a world and it seems the players are adjusting to it just fine. Looking forward to more, and soon :D

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: Seriously

wsclark said:
Rune,

Just want to let you know that I am keeping tabs on you story hour. It is really enjoyable to see this much creativity put into a world and it seems the players are adjusting to it just fine. Looking forward to more, and soon :D

Thanks! I'll pass the praise along to the players (and authors). Hang in there, more's coming.

Oh, and by the way, your first three answers are absolutely wrong.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Wow! We just finished a game (at around 3:30 AM) and it was good fun! We finallly dipped into horror a little bit!

The write-up will come after the rest of the last session, but here's a quick quiz to drive you all insane:

Who is the last person the party would expect to show up to help them at this point? Does this person show up to help them?

What killed all of these cabalists? And that gibbering monster?

What is that horrible rotting smell?

Where are those footsteps coming from?

Where'd the room go?

What is that horrible rotting smell?

Who's in charge of starting the fire this time?

Last edited:

rootbeergnome

First Post
Finally we begin again. We havent played in a while, due to no fault of Rune's. I played a guest character since my dwarf dissapeared while i was gone. I guess that's what i deserve for missing so many sessions. But Im back and staying this time, Rune is going to be playing in one of my games so if i dont come to his im sure he will return the favor. Last game was creepy, Rune really can do horror well, at one point in the night the player of Dashing grabbed Fighting man dances player and everyone jumped and screamed. I was in the bathroom and heard everyone, i was yelling "What happened what happened?!" It was great. Im poking Rune right now to post the session, but he has to get the notes first :( Well, it's good to be back, and check out my storyhour if i ever get around to posting it.

Rune

Once A Fool
rootbeergnome said:
Rune is going to be playing in one of my games so if i dont come to his im sure he will return the favor.

Actually, I've helped him with the creation of the basics of it, and if it bears some similarities with The Sunderer's (known on the old boards as Monkey-Trained-to-Type) Sundered Sky setting, it's probably no coincidence!

Last game was creepy, Rune really can do horror well, at one point in the night the player of Dashing grabbed Fighting man dances player and everyone jumped and screamed. I was in the bathroom and heard everyone, i was yelling "What happened what happened?!" It was great.

The player of Dashing Orcblood Croons (the girlfriend of the player Fighting Man Dances) could not make it to the game, by the way. She showed up later, near the end (at which point she delighted in scaring the crap out of the player of Fighting Man Dances repeatedly), but didn't play. Except for that one scene at the end.

Last edited:

rootbeergnome

First Post
Last night's session was kind of short for me, I had to leave about an hour early unfortunately. But I had some...deja-vu in the game last night, I'm trying not to say too much to ruin it. Rune is still trying to get the notes from the session before last i think, they should be caned for keeping the notes from him! Oh and Rune was in the first session of my Seas of Fire Campaign tonight, we are going to start a thread tonight for it, keep bugging Rune for an update on the Runic storyhour!
-Mike

Rune

Once A Fool
Well, this is not an update, but I figured I'd try to spark some conversation while we wait for the appatizers to arrive.

On the old boards, Broccli_head wondered how the Dream would react to the presence of undead, given it's peculiar reactions to birth and death.

You'll find out soon. The party already has.

Anyone care to speculate?

P.S: By the way, I will say just one thing about our last session: I'm pretty sure James Wyatt is on crack.

Last edited:

rootbeergnome

First Post
I will have to agree with Rune on the James Wyatt crack speculation, he is a indeed a madman! I have felt the full force of his madness, and he has helped Rune be a Rat-Bastard! Please get the notes and post here soon! Can't...stay....quiet...much...longer.

Remove ads