Better Name for Elven Concentration Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1504

Explorer
In a campaign I'm developing, elves have been enslaved by a race of lizardfolk/yuan-ti for generations. The lizardfolk/yuan-ti have kept the elves in 'concentration camps' in order to maintain control over them and put them to work for their reptilian society.

I need a name besides concentration camp for the campaign, something with more of a fantasy feel than a world war II feel.

Thanks for the help.

-mac1504

Ulrick

First Post
mac1504 said:

Could you please explain Soylent Elves?

Sorry I just woke up yesterday ;)

-mac1504

SOYLENT ELVES ARE MADE OUT OF PEOPLE! PEEEEEOPPLLLE!

he he

Ulrick

What about something simple like "slave camps" or "enslavement camps"?

However, if it's been that way for generations, they probably don't call them camps at all. They want something that sounds like it's part of the natural order, and everybody's happy. What about just calling them "the elven villages"?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sometimes the spin that captors try to put on something become a source of derision or sarcasm even when the same words are used, I.E. "The Nature Enclaves" that are primarily stone buildings surrounded by a stone wall with some cordoned off sections for plants. It's just like where they would live if they could choose! ;)

Other times captors give it the "it's for their own good" spin such as "The Sylvan Sanctuaries" If they didn't live here under our care, they'd just be out breeding and warring upon one another and not doing anything useful. Here they have a purpose!" :)

Another approach is to dehumanize them (De-Elvenate? :D ) by giving them no individual identity. So you're the new bunch, eh? Numbers one through twelve from camp 42 step forward and receive your allotment of blankets. *shudders*

Depends largely on the captors but individual commandants might have varying, or even greatly differing, approaches to how they run their own compounds.

Sorry about the wise-arse comment earlier. :)

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
you have to first ask, do the lizerdmen care what the rest of the world thinks? If not you could call them something like work camps or simply slave camps.

If the lizardmen actually care what anyone else thinks then elvin villages or even work projects would make more sence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases