Better Name for Elven Concentration Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrix

Explorer
Elven Reservation

hong, I'm with you, I thought this thread was about the reverse, i.e. elves "taking care of" lesser races. Not just the ocs, though :rolleyes:

Irda Ranger

First Post
I have a question.

Have the camps been around for several Elven generations, or several Lizardman generations?

If the first, how have the Lizardmen kept control for centuries?

If the second, how long has it really been? 100 years? 200? Most of the elves would have a clear memory of freedom?

Either way, answering these questions (in light of previous suggestions) would help out with the naming convention.

Hong, I was a little confused about that too, since prison camps are both organized (Lawful) and bad (Evil), the exact opposite of the elves. It would really go against their nature to run that sort of program.

Irda Ranger

hong

WotC's bitch
Irda Ranger said:

Hong, I was a little confused about that too, since prison camps are both organized (Lawful) and bad (Evil), the exact opposite of the elves. It would really go against their nature to run that sort of program.

Where's Forrester when you need him?

V-2

First Post
Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and thought, "It's about time the elves got off their butts and implemented a Final Solution to the orcish problem"?

The only thing that needs a final solution around here is this thread.

Spoilsport? Please.

bloodymage

House Ruler
Ignorance is NOT bliss

Tried to ask you this off the board but couldn't find a private link to you, Imccauley. Rather than lay it out here, where can I find reference to "Morning Glory Village" so I can educate myself. I had no idea it had other meanings when I suggested it.

mac1504

Explorer
Thanks for the advice and ideas everyone. I'm not sure if the lizardmen are that sophisticated to employ a lot of psychological tactics to their slavery operations- but I've still got a lot of good ideas from this thread.

Thanks again.

...(mutters to himself) Soylent Elves...hehe... didn't make the connection at first... ;)

-mac1504

You say this camp has been up for several generations.

Elves can live up to 700 years, that would mean the camps had been around for 2000 years.

Pretty long time for the Lizard folk to enslave somebody.

Errant

First Post
Re: Ignorance is NOT bliss

bloodymage said:
... where can I find reference to "Morning Glory Village" so I can educate myself. I had no idea it had other meanings when I suggested it.

Well if "morning glory" has the same meaning elsewhere as it does in my part of the world, it refers to the, umm, spontaneous stirring of the loins sometimes experienced my post-pubescent males during the waking cycle.

That give you a clue?

lmccauley

First Post
Re: Ignorance is NOT bliss

bloodymage said:
Tried to ask you this off the board but couldn't find a private link to you, Imccauley. Rather than lay it out here, where can I find reference to "Morning Glory Village" so I can educate myself. I had no idea it had other meanings when I suggested it.
Hi,

I had difficulty finding a definition on the web - my work internet access wouldn't let me onto most of the sites that google returned :eek:.

Here's the best I could do - http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/review/328161.html

It's a review of "(What's The Story) Morning Glory" by Oasis. The title of the piece (which starts "I Awoke " and ends "Why?") is a translation of the title of the album. From that you should be able to work out which bit refers to "Morning Glory".

It's just one of those expressions that means different things depending on which side of the pond you live - e.g. if you said that you fell on your fanny, then I would give you a very strange look. Likewise, you'd probably be surprised if I said I'd just smoked a fag.

I've a friend that moved out to Poughkeepsie 3 or 4 years ago and he finds it all very amusing.

Cheers,
Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads