Dragonslayers: After the second dragon

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
You head down to the docks and starting looking for boats headed north- Aprham and Kylala both hear the same things. OoC: gather info results 22 & 25 There is a ship headed out with the evening tide, to avoid the Dragon on the north end of the island. The Ship headed north is called the “Rizxa’s Unerring Compass” it is a full long hall sailing ship, near 80 ft long with two masts. As the group heads down the dock to where the boat is anchored you here a shout Aye captain, some folks ta see ya.
a hard-bitten man comes to the edge of the ship, his relatively young face lashed by sea and sun. He wears a loose white shirt, open at the chest, a heavy brimmed hat keeping off the falling drizzle. “What be yer business with my ship?” He looks down on you sternly, judging.

Mithran

First Post
Hond Arvild (Barbarian)

Hond walks out in front of the group "Passage to Onuthod, what be the price on that?" Hond folds his arms and looks the captain straight in the eye waiting for a response.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

Grim walks along with the rest of the others and symbolicly puts his hand over his stomach and thinks "Ugh.. what I get meself into? That last boat ride didn't feel good in storm.." as an unhappy, pouting look falls over his face.

Arriving at the docks, Grim follows Aphram and Kylala, as they seem to have heard about a ship. He hears it's name "Rizxa's Unerring Compass" and looking at the man in the silvery-cotton clothes says "Hey Velsouvus, you should like this boat, it named after your God!" (OoC-yes, *I* as the player know this isn't correct ;) )

Arriving at the ship, Hond walks out and states the party's business. Grim steps up just a bit behind Hond, raises his hand in a "wave" to the captain and smiles his big, goofy-looking grin :D "Hellooooo!"

Super Girl

First Post
Kylala

Ky smiled at the sight of the imposing captain, he looked interesting, and like he had a few tails to tell. "Captain what would be the cost for the passage of a group of Dragonslayers who would gaurd the ship from their usual quarry?" she asks smiling up at him at him, doing her best to make him see it was in his best interest to take on such protection for his ship and passengers. (Diplomacy take 10, result 22)

azmodean

First Post
With a pained look on his face, Velsouvus replies to Grimhild, Vixzu is the name of my God, not that there's anything wrong with the name Rizxa.... Velsouvus trails off as he realizes that he's probably not getting anywhere.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Captain of Rizxa's Unerring Compass:

Onuthod ? Ha those be dangerous waters, at least three of Their territories would need to be crossed. I would be a fool to try such, it would be risking certain death. With this short notice there would be little profit to be made, as I do not have goods that would sell well in that remote community. Perhaps a thousand gold would be sufficient to change my mind. So, you claim to be dragonslayers have you killed an adult? (Ooc: at CR 10+ not a chance.) Or do you know the sleeping cycle of dragons near Onuthod?
A second man moves to the rail a little further away, he wears a brown one piece garment that is unfamiliar in style. A thin veil hides the upper half of his face, revealing his brightly colored lips. A long bow is worn across his back. He watches you silently.

(Rizxa is probably a Green Island diety, there are a lot of them)

Grimhild :
Fizzlewick and you have run into guys in veils before, they lived south of your lands, he warned you not to pull off their veils or ask them how many fingers you were holding up.
yah sure he told this you afterward, you didnt want that job anyway.

RedSwan78

First Post
Grimhild Uggluck

azmodean said:
With a pained look on his face, Velsouvus replies to Grimhild, Vixzu is the name of my God, not that there's anything wrong with the name Rizxa.... Velsouvus trails off as he realizes that he's probably not getting anywhere.

Grim looks to Velsouvus and replies "Oh, I sorry Velsouvus, I not mean to offend you or your god! That something that very serious to Grimhild! Names just sounded close is all I guess.." Grim gets a puzzled look on his face, almost as if he is trying to think of something really hard. "Vixzu, Rizxa.... Vixzu, Rizxa... Vixzu.. Rizxa.. Hey! Maybe they brothers!"

(OoC-waiting for answer to question asked in OoC thread before replying to latest DM post)

azmodean

First Post
I am not offended Grimhild, it seemed to be an honest mistake. Upon hearing the captain's price, Velsouvus turns to the rest of the group and says, That is what I was afraid of, if we had that kind of money, we could be there tomorrow. It looks like we will need to ready ourselves for a bit of a walk. I was travelling already, so am prepared to go immediately.

OOC: The above is intended as part of the barganing, a "walk out" threat. Diplomacy +8
Diplomacy check (1d20+8=11)

Mithran

First Post
Hond Arvild (barbarian)

Hond nods "I suppose we may have to, I'll have to buy some more rations before we go" Hond turns to follow Vel

Ferrix

Explorer
Aphram glances down at Lalreth a certain agitated look upon his face, "I for one don't feel like walking."

OOC: Knowledge (arcana) check 18 to see what he knows about general dragon sleeping habits

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases