Adobe Reader 7

Nellisir

Hero
I installed Adobe Reader 7 two days ago, and wheee! It fixed the weird little quirks that AR6 had going on, and it's got what I think is a new feature that has made my OGC-using self very very very happy. :D

Cheers,
Nell.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
The only complaint that I've heard about A.R.7 is that some DRM protected files have problems with it.

Like I need another reason to dislike DRM...

The Auld Grump, though in truth it has not affected any of the few DRM protected files (picked up free at DTRPG) that I have.

DragonSword

First Post
How many guys use Acrobat 7? I use Acrobat 6 Pro for making and reading PDFs. I was just wondering how many guys are still on versions 4 and 5.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
My laptop has 6, which I use to both create and read, but at home I use 5 for both functions and it still works quite well. To be honest, most of the time I would prefer using 5, but I work mostly out of my laptop so 6 it is.

Nellisir

Hero
HalWhitewyrm said:
My laptop has 6, which I use to both create and read, but at home I use 5 for both functions and it still works quite well. To be honest, most of the time I would prefer using 5, but I work mostly out of my laptop so 6 it is.

I had AAR6 on my laptop, and AA5 & AAR6 on my desktop. The two never quite reconciled -- online pdf files wouldn't automatically open either program, and files on my computer would automatically open AA5, no matter how many times I redesignated AAR6. I had to open AAR6 first, then open what I wanted to read. AAR7 fixed that.

Anyways, I don't recall AAR6 having a "Save to Text" command. I'm in glorious heaven. My cutting & pasting time is going WAAAAY down. :)

Cheers,
Nell.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Nellisir said:
Anyways, I don't recall AAR6 having a "Save to Text" command. I'm in glorious heaven. My cutting & pasting time is going WAAAAY down. :)
AAR6 does have the "Save to Text" command, i've used it happily for a long time...
I actually prefer to use the Save as RTF option or the Save as HTML option.

Nellisir

Hero
Cergorach said:
AAR6 does have the "Save to Text" command, i've used it happily for a long time...
I actually prefer to use the Save as RTF option or the Save as HTML option.

D'oh. It's like I've always said -- I'm about 3 years behind the technological curve.

;-)
Nell.

Bobitron

Explorer
I have the full version of Acrobat 6 at home, but I use Reader 7 at work. It loads much faster, and searches better, but that's about all I have noticed.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Some people seem to have problems with our cards when using Acrobat Reader 6.

Reader 5 seems to run without problems - and Reader 7 most of the time, so it's definetly superior to Reader 6 ;)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I recently discovered this, and it's probably old news:

Go to View -> Read Aloud in Acrobat Reader 6.0 or 7.0.

Really cool, but the computer generated voice is kinda creepy.

I let the computer read the opening fiction of Louis Porter's Haven: City of Violence d20 Modern to me. Weird experience. :)

Remove ads