Which Complete book is the best?

Which Complete ____ book is best?

• Poll closed .

Talath

Explorer
I have to say, for the new prestige classes, the new feats, base classes, new uses for old skills, items, and information on orginizations, Complete Adventurer definetly tops my list as best Complete book. It gained alot from being the last in the series, and you can definetly see that that experience from making the previous splatbooks and previous Complete pay off in this one.

EDIT: It was a hard decision, I had to choose between Complete Warrior, Complete Arcane, and Complete Adventurer; all very good books!

fafhrd

First Post
Best? Who can say? My favorite is Complete Arcane, despite plentiful hiccups. Least favorite: Complete Adventurer. I suppose my predillection for magic is showing.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
I also had a difficult time chosing between the 3 good books (CD sucked, sorry).

CW: Swashbuckler, a number of PrCs I've used or plan to use, feats!

CA: WARLOCK, swift metamagic.

CV: Scout looks good, already planning to use several of the PrCs, feats, a few swift spells (more! must have more!).

I almost went with CA just for warlock. I ultimately chose CV for the best balance of usefulness (base class, PrCs, feats, spells, skill uses).

I was, however, VERY VERY VERY disappointed with the lack of a 'sneaky' bard PrC -- after the fantastic bard PrCs in CA for bards wanting to follow a more arcane route, I was really hoping for something that would follow the same concept as the Seeker of the Song (& War Chanter from CW) -- dropping spells to gain unique bardic music abilities.

Crothian

First Post
Complete Warrior. It was really usible for character already created and of mid to high level. It actually is a book that all classes can use unlike Divine and arcane. AV was good, but too many combat oriented swift spells and too many odd mult classing combos were needed.

GlassJaw

Hero
In all honesty, I found the entire offering weak.

As did I but I voted Warrior.

Although I think a better title for the poll would have been "Which Complete book did you find the least objectionable?"

francisca

I got dice older than you.
For me, Complete Arcane wins, but by default. It is the only book that has anything I would be interested in playing as a player, or allowing as DM: the Warlock.

ivocaliban

First Post
I'm not in a position to say which is best, but here's how I rank them:

Complete Adventurer -Mainly for the usefulness in my campaign and the plethora of options.
Complete Warrior -A bit PrC heavy, but a very solid book. Especially as it's the shortest Complete book.
Complete Divine -Despite the flack this book has received I've used it far more than...
Complete Arcane -I don't really like this any less than Complete Divine, but I haven't used it nearly as much.

Alhazred

First Post
I was pleased with the series; it is certainly better than the 3.0 splatbooks. I voted for the Complete Divine, although it must be said that I've gotten into clerics and favoured souls recently (undead heavy campaign). I really enjoyed the warlock, scout and swashbuckler, and I was especially pleased with the skills and feats section of CAd.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases