School in California decides to make elementary school students wear RFIDs *Updated*

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Before everyone asks:

The RFID chips are worn around the neck in the form of ID badges and can be used to monitor where the children are on school grounds, and carry the child's name, photo, grade and unique school ID number.

And, yes, it's scary. But do the children have to wear the RFIDs because they aren't responsible or are they irresponsible because people treat them like children and think they need RFIDs?

reveal

Adventurer
Crothian said:
being in class is important, who cares why they are there, they are there

So it doesn't matter that civil liberties are taken away as long as they are in class? It doesn't matter that they are not taught to be responsible for their own actions but that they need to live in fear of being caught? It doesn't matter that we are supposed to live in a country that, supposedly, gaurantees our basic human rights yet we tag our children like animals from the pound?

If they tried to get my kid to wear one of these, I would fight tooth and nail to get them to stop using them. :]

Crothian

First Post
reveal said:
So it doesn't matter that civil liberties are taken away as long as they are in class? It doesn't matter that they are not taught to be responsible for their own actions but that they need to live in fear of being caught? It doesn't matter that we are supposed to live in a country that, supposedly, gaurantees our basic human rights yet we tag our children like animals from the pound?

If they tried to get my kid to wear one of these, I would fight tooth and nail to get them to stop using them. :]

the rights of kids in school has been largely non existant for ages. kids are not allowwed to do a lot of things in school, that they are allowed to do elsewhere. And what civil liberty is this taking away? THe right to ditch class?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases