(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 5)

Anabstercorian

First Post
<< I, and my people, accept your terms. >>

All present turn to the sight of Anabstercorian submitting to an alien foe.

<< There has been enough killing. There has been enough madness. My people want peace and they want to rest. Let us stand with you against the alliance of dread and then we will obey your law until we prove our maturity - For I know we shall. >>

<< My leadership has nearly killed my people. They have been ravaged by war and death, our culture of intelligence and refinement giving way to bloody savagery. Let us stand with you. Lead us. I am tired of leading. >>

<< I'm not a hero. I'm not a general or a leader. I never truly was. I'm a historian. Do you know why I was the last to survive the Ten Minute War? >>

<< I begged for mercy, and the angels gave it to me. I gained the power of my people because I was the only option. >>

<< Let a warrior lead us now, not a fool of an Illithid drunk on power and fire. >>

Black Omega

First Post
And so far the scorecard reads:

Yes
----
Zelda
Ana
o'Sko
Venus

No
--
Kalanyr
Black Omega
Union
Dread Alliance

Maybe
--------
Kaboom

Some interesting answers as well. the Seelie aren't fans of the Union, but no one can deny Kas has a certain style. Other's like Zelda are more thoughtful on it. Anabstercorian is a surprise, but it's understandable. He's a character who has come a long long way.

Though I have to admit, I've looked over the two ultimatums again and again and I'm not seeing anything that even implies anyone accepting will ever be given their freedom again. Wonder if I'm missing something.:)

Remove ads