Marco Volo Trilogy

Dominoe

First Post
Does anyone have the Marco Volo trilogy converted from AD&D 2nd Edition to 3.5? Or is anyone willing to do so? The three modules (departure, journey, and arrival) are all availible at the Official D&D Site so its not hard to get ahold of them. I don't really want to convert it because
A. I don't have the time
B. It would be my first conversion, and I would mess somthing up :\

yennico

First Post
Dominoe said:
Does anyone have the Marco Volo trilogy converted from AD&D 2nd Edition to 3.5? Or is anyone willing to do so? The three modules (departure, journey, and arrival) are all availible at the Official D&D Site so its not hard to get ahold of them. I don't really want to convert it because
A. I don't have the time
B. It would be my first conversion, and I would mess somthing up :\
Welcome to the boards.
I do not know if anybody is willing to do it, but if you want a job done correctly, do it yourself. :)
If you have questions in the conversion you can ask them here. :)

Last edited:

Dominoe

First Post
thanks

Yeah, I just finished reading through the conversion book and it really isn't as hard as it seems, although three modules will take awhile. Where can I find those restrictions WotC put up? ie: what are my restrictions when converting?

yennico

First Post
You will find the guidelines from WotC here.

I flipped thorugh the three books. Most opponents are humanoids with class levels.
For these persons you can use a character generator (either PCgen or if you own the e-tools).
Converting these persons is only a matter of time :)

The only monsters which you must convert is the tanar´ri rat fiend and the flind.
A conversion of the flind to D&D 3.0 can be found here.

The artefact dragonking´s eye is an item which you must convert.

yennico

First Post
You will find the PCgen here.

If I recall correctly in the new versions you will only find the open content from the WotC books ( PHB,DMG, MM and Psionic), so you will miss e.g. races, feats and spells from Forgotten Realms.

Dominoe

First Post
Well, I have a good ammount of progress. Nearly done w/ the first adventure. Just making it pretty and tieing up the little details. I'll release only when all three are done, though.

Remove ads