Can this be made....

I was curious if I could have an item made for my character with the warlocks ability to flee the scene. I wouldn't have any problem if the item had uses per day or even per week. Just curious about how much the item would be if it was made. I would like it to be just like the warlock's ability. Perhaps cloak, boots, or mantle.

Flee the Scene
Lesser; 4th
You can use dimension door as a spell-like ability, although the range is limited to short (25ft +5 ft per 2 levels). When you use this ability, you leave behind a major image of yourself in your place that lasts for 1 round. The image reacts appropriately to attacks as if you were concentrating on it.

Dimension Door
Brd 4, Sor/wiz 4
Range:Long 400ft+40ft/lvl
Target: You and touched objects or other touched willing creatures
Text: See page 221 of the Players Handbook 3.5

Major Image
level brd3, sor/wiz 3
Duration concentration +3 rounds

This spell functions like silent image, except that sound, smell, and thermal illusions are included in the spell effect. While concentrating, you can move the image within the range. the image disappears when struck by an opponent unless you cause the illusion to react appropriately.

So you think a warlock could perhaps make his version with the toned down dimension door and major image. A warlock get's decieve item at 4th level and craft wondrous item has a prereq. of caster level 3rd.

Let me know what you think.
My cowardly character needs this....

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
This is a house rule thread. You _could_ do anything you want. Are you looking for how you'd do it?

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Seems fine. If I had more time I'd price them for you. There are probably already magic items with similar functions so I highly doubt that it's over powered or anything.

Corlon

First Post
the warlock has level equivalents of spells, couldn't you just use the spell level X ___ X ___ formula to get the cost?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases