(adventure) Armgill’s Heirloom - <Knight Otu judging>

azmodean

First Post
A'jardin takes a potion of cure light wounds, the scroll of mage armor, and a vial of acid. Turning to Raena, he asks I was not aware that you were also an arcanist. Doesn't your armor impede your spellcasting?

Dexerion

First Post
ooc:
[sblock]
i made a post last night just before the site went down, so it didn't show up. bummer eh?
[/sblock]

Charles makes some effort at climbing back atop the wagon. Once he gets up top, with some help, he says, "I suppose we are ready to be on our way. I am going to be up front with Drath. We may ride through the night and rotate drivers. Anyone of you know how to drive a wagon?"

After receiving answers, Charles will make his way to the front. Before Charles can take a seat, Drath snaps the reigns. The four large warhorses strain against their harnesses and the wagon lurches forward.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Dexerion said:
"Yes. I agree. I thought that the arc- uh... artist, would be more useful if they were in some armor. If they are not going to be used then I suppose we should pack them with Anton's mule. I will go talk to Joe about getting her to the stables and put the armor on her. Toss them down for me. The bow is for Lynneth. She is the only one among us that has no weapon."

Charles returns and asks, "All set?"
"I agree that the artists would be more useful with some armor, but we should not force them to take it either. We could keep the extras for if they change their mind, no?"

Anton looks at Charles, "What do you mean on my mule? Fyodor is not coming along, I thought, and he does not have to carry anything while in the stablings, no? You might keep his pack saddle near him, but he does not have to wear it if he is not leaving.

"Well, anyway, I am ready to leave."

Jdvn1

Dexerion said:
Charles makes some effort at climbing back atop the wagon. Once he gets up top, with some help, he says, "I suppose we are ready to be on our way. I am going to be up front with Drath. We may ride through the night and rotate drivers. Anyone of you know how to drive a wagon?"
Anton looks dubious, "Well, I do know to drive a wagon a little bit but am not very good. If it were only one horse, I am much better."

OOC: It's Handle Animal, right? +1 only.

Timeboxer

Explorer
Lynneth Starreaver, Human Wizard

Lynneth toys with the dagger idly, before sheathing it, and fishes out the scroll of true strike. She glances at Raena. "Are you sure about that, little girl? Those wands aren't toys, you know. It might be a good idea to leave such things to those who c'n actually use it."

Kaitlin

First Post
Raena Celeste Everglade, Halfling Rogue

OOC:
[sblock]Oops... I confused wands with rods, I thought anybody could use it, guess not... :p [/sblock]

azmodean said:
I was not aware that you were also an arcanist. Doesn't your armor impede your spellcasting?
"Wha- who me?" the little halfling girl looks at A'jarding incredulously. "Do I look like the kind of person who likes to sit inside reading old books all day? I sure hope not... I don't look... old... do I?" She puts her hands to her face, feeling for wrinkles.
Amy Kou'ai said:
"Are you sure about that, little girl? Those wands aren't toys, you know. It might be a good idea to leave such things to those who c'n actually use it."
"Sure? Of course I'm sure! Just watch!" She raises the wand and points it in a random direction. Just then the cart lurches, and Raena falls over, letting the wand fly out of her hands.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble McGee, Gnome Illusionist

Fimble leaps up from where he was sitting, snatching in the air at the flying wand. He barely catches it and nearly falls on Raena. Regaining his composure, he scolds her, "Good gods, girl, do you know what you're doing?! You don't know how to use this thing, you have to have years of training in the Art before you can even think of pointing that at someone. At best, you'll waste a charge, at worst you'll blast yourself or one of us to smithereens! Antonidas save me, kids these days! Don't have a clue..." The frightened gnome mutters to himself as he rearranges his spectacles on his face. Absent-mindedly, he lays the wand on his pack. The wagon shudders a bit from a rock, and the wand nearly falls off. The excitable little gnome has another panic attack lunging for the device. "I say! Nothing but trouble! Anybody want to hold this, or should I? No, not you Raena dear... no! Ack!" Raena is climbing on the little wizard, trying to get the wand. He attempts to hold the wand out of her reach and overbalances himself, falling on his rear... again.

Jdvn1

Anton raises and eyebrow and smiles, "What was that wand supposed to do? It seems rather harmless. Maybe Raena would like to have it when the arcanists are done with it?" He moves and sits down where he can keep an eye on the road ahead... and his companions.

Dexerion

First Post
"Har Har!" Drath heartedly laughs at the scene. Charles shakes his head. Not the band of warriors I had in mind. At least we will have one other able bodied warrior with us on this road ahead.

The wagon bounces along slowly but steadily through the streets of the city. Children stop their play to watch in awe as it passes. This seems to fill Charles with pride.

When approaching the city gate, Charles stands and surveys ahead.

ooc:
[sblock] tassardar. this is where you come in.

i stopped by the book store to look over the vehicle rules in the arms and equipment guide. will post specs on the wagon later tonight or tomarrow.
[/sblock]

Timeboxer

Explorer
Lynneth Starreaver, Human Wizard

Lynneth sighs, and plucks the wand out of the prone gnome illusionist's hands. "It's a wand of the magic missile dweomer, Anton. Very useful last-ditch weapon, I 'magine. Unless anybody has any objections, I'll just hold onto this for safekeeping; we can pass it between the three of us 's necessary. Fair deal?"

Remove ads