(adventure) Armgill’s Heirloom - <Knight Otu judging>

Dexerion

First Post
(adventure) Armgill’s Heirloom - <Knight Otu judging>

The Armgill Manor is in the north part of the city, only a few blocks from the garrison barracks and on a major street that is used to access the harbor. The Armgill’s are somewhat well known in the city. They own a fleet of small trading ships that run between Orussus and the Vestermarch cities, as well as a few warehouses along the docks. The Manor itself is Hendrallian architecture and stands out in the city. It is a solid limestone castle like design that is about three stories tall with two small rampart towers on opposite corners that reach a half story taller than the pitched roof. Large oak doors with ghoul knockers under a ramparted balcony mark the front of the manor. A few dead Ivy vines scar the gray face of the house, the color being only broken by a few stained glass windows that seem decorated as flames.

Last edited:

Kaitlin

First Post
A halfling walks right up to the front door, dragging a gnome behind her. She reaches up to knock the great ghouls, but then looks around and decides to wait. "Better that... James... doesn't have to explain everything more than once. Let's wait for some others."

Knight Otu

First Post
(Judge post-
I'll take the judge position if you don't mind.
Also - Kaitlin: Have you e-mailed Nimisgod for character approval yet? If not, email him and me, so your character can get approved as fast as possible.

Edit - Actually, I looked over your character just now, and found three issues: One, your grapple check should be -4 (you forgot the -4 size penalty), your explorer's outfit is free, and you forgot to select your 1st level feat. When you change those things, you should be ready to be approved)

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
A large-hatted man leads a mule towards the building, "Looks like the place. ... Oh, aren't you that Raena? Should we go in now?"

azmodean

First Post
A human wearing a vest covered in various tools arrives somewhat out of breath. There's just no telling... how long... till the next job...., he wheezes.

After catching his breath, he continues, Got a bit carried away did I? I was thinking the bar would empty out like an anthill and I'd end up asleep at my table, none the wiser... er, are we waiting for something?

He seems to take in his surroundings for the first time. A bit creepy isn't it? Did anyone else notice that the message didn't say anything about the goods actually belonging to this Armgill fellow? Probably nothing, for all I know Joe charges by the word and he's just being er... frugal.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble the gnome, though he looks a bit battered from falling a few times, is nonetheless energetic and ready to go. "That was a nice little jog, eh?" He rubs his bum. "Though I could've done without the trips. So, what are we waiting for again?"

Jdvn1

"Ah, hm, I think nothing. Let us enter?" Anton walks to the door and knocks. "Hello, is anyone home?"

Dexerion

First Post
Just as Fimble asks “What are we waiting for again?” Bartolemu steps up to the group and crosses his arms. Some may be startled since they may not have noticed him walking up. He simple stands with his arms crossed, and looks on as Anton wraps the door with the Ghoul knocker.

Anton: You find the ring in the Ghouls mouth somewhat heavy and hard to lift, but as you hit the large wooden door with the ring, it makes a very muffled thud that you doubt could be heard from the inside. As you begin to lift the ring for a second knock, you hear the rattle of locks from the other side. The large doors sweep open and a very elegantly dressed dwarf with slick black hair pulled back in a pony tail, trimmed eyebrows that curl at the ends and a short braided goatee of a beard stands in its void both hands dropping behind his back and he slightly bows a hello. In a voice with little dwarven accent, “What business have you at the Armgill Estate?”

OOC: House rule:
[sblock]
I want to keep all roles on invisible castle under the character name Armgill. Use the note field to title the roll to your character and skill, ect. You can make any check you feel necessary durning the game and I will try to accomodate it.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Anton gives a half-confused smile, "There was a post that said we were to see James at the Armgill Manor for... some sort of job. Are we at the right place?"

OOC:
[sblock]I've never used Invisible Castle and this is my first PbP game. Is there a particular format people tend to use? And what's the link for Invisible Castle?[/sblock]

Dexerion

First Post
The Dwarf’s eyes widen slightly but he quickly attempts to hide it, “Oh, yes. I am James. Come inside the foyer here and let me ask you a few questions. I see you have some other interested patrons of the Red Dragon behind you. I didn’t expect such a quick response. No, indeed I did not.” He turns sideways to allow entry into the small foyer of the manor.

The room is about thirty feet in depth and twenty in width. There is an open archway at the far end of the room, with no other visible exits. The room is lit by two lamps on the far wall on either side of the archway and another on a table to the right of the entry. There are a few pieces of parchment and an ink vial with feather pin on the table. Visible through the archway is a painting on a wall only ten feet behind the archway. It appears to depict an elaborate keep on a hill overlooking a valley dotted by farms and a small village, with a creek running through. It is quite a sight. A tall, broad, balding Human with red hair, long sideburns and a scruffy beard stands in the corner of the room. He is standing directly in front of one of the lamps so he is somewhat secluded in shadow, but you can tell he is dressed in black half plate mail and is holding a greatsword before him. As you begin to enter, he turns his head and bellows into the archway, ”Chase! Prospects!”

James walks over to the table, picks up the pin and begins to mark on the top piece of parchment. “I need your names, your profession, and a list of any important skills or equipment you feel will benefit a traveling band transporting valuables over long distances.”

OOC:
[sblock]
sorry for delay; playing with my pet snake. It likes to play hide and seek. NO! You sick, sick man. It is a REAL snake. A Burmese Python, to be exact. Her name is Cindell!

The link is http://invisiblecastle.com/ it is simple to figure out. Just formate to ezboard and copy and paste the forum text to your post to display the roll. the reason I want all the rolls under character Armgill is to keep track of the rolls in an archive and insure that no rerolls are made without all players knowing. There isn't much of a format. you seem to be doing well so far. when combat and whatknot starts, i will post another sblock with any quirks I may have. If you are really worried about form, breeze through the other adventure threads to get an eyedear!

Err.. Rae. If Fimble decides to go on this one, I need you to email me sometime soon so that we can talk about Fallon, the Kingdom, and the war.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases