Two-Weapon Trip - Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekose13

Explorer
Two-Weapon Trip[General]

You are a master of the quarterstaff, double-axe or urgosh, able to use the weapon more effectively than others in combat.

Prerequisites: Weapon Proficiency (chosen weapon), Weapon Focus (chosen weapon), Two-Weapon Fighting, Dex 15, Bab +1

Benefit: You can make trip attacks with a quarterstaff, double axe, or urgosh provided you meet the prerequisites for the weapon in question. When you make trip attacks, make a melee touch attack against your target. You don’t provoke an attack of opportunity. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop your weapon to avoid being tripped.

Normal: Only weapons marked as Trip weapons or unarmed strikes can be used to make trip attacks.

Special: A fighter may select Two-Weapon Trip as one of his fighter bonus feats. This feat applies to any of the listed weapons with which you meet the prerequisites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Otu

First Post
Looks like I'm typing to slow. ;)

For the sake of completeness, you might want to add BAB +1 and Dex 15 to the prerequisites, since they are the prereqs for the two feats. Also, replace the [Fighter] descriptor with the line "A fighter may select Quarterstaff Mastery as one of his fighter bonus feats."

Other than these technicalities, I'm giving this proposal a Yes.

Erekose13

Explorer
Excellent, just 1 more judge Yes to go.

Re: other weapons. I thought about it, but I couldnt find a good classification of weapons that I would add to it. Some double weapons dont work. Some hafted weapons dont work. We could generate a list, or just leave it to individual feats per weapon.

Erekose13

Explorer
I couldnt really see the double axe or the urgosh or even the double sword really working but I guess they might be able to. Knight, nim, other judges how would you feel to that amendment?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I always imagined catching someone's foot with the bit where the haft and the shaft meet. Are those even the right terms? Basically, catch someone with the part that makes an L shape.

Knight Otu

First Post
I don't really see most other double weapons that are not already usable for trip attacks to be affected by the feat - I kind of see where you are coming from with the axes, but that appears to be a vastly different technique than I envision for this feat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases