Describe your homebrew in one sentence.

alsih2o

First Post
My world is Maissen. When I see it on the book cover it reads: Maissen: Shades of Grey

So, "Shades of grey" would probably be the compact version, but I don't read that as what you are looking for. :)

I'll try- "Early medieval isolationist theocracy comes of age."

Dark Jezter

First Post
james_lipton.jpg

There is no word to describe the greatness of my homebrew, so I shall make one up now: Scrumtrulescent.

A'koss

Explorer
From the seeds of the new World Tree a world is reborn from the fires of Ragnarok, where man must contest his new domain with monsters, gods and a stirring hunger from beyond the nine worlds that threatens to consume them all...

Cheers!

A'koss.

Wormwood

Adventurer
My sentence:

"Generica is where my friends gathered for D&D for the first time in years, before the group disintegrated forever".

der_kluge

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I'm now toying with the idea of creating a campaign setting loosely based on early 19th century North America, with the nations of the Old World having a loose continental foothold, while brave settlers and explorers penetrate a continent that has its own rich life that will inevitably be at odds with the newcomers. In deference to D&D, neither the native peoples nor the newcomers are all humans -- there are tribes of elves and goblin wolfriders in the New World, along with dwarven proto-industrial cities and gnomish explorers cutting a swath through the southern forests looking for legendary sites.

That sounds a lot like where I was headed, actually. I was thinking I could make the native american's elves, and the Canadians would be dwarves. I don't know why, exactly, it just seemed to fit for some reason.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
die_kluge said:
An alternative America, set in the early 1900s, with an in-tact monarchy (think King George Washington), the existence of magic (albeit somewhat rare, and mostly misunderstood) and the lack of an industrial revolution.
You are really, really going to want to pick up Northern Crown: New World Adventure (or something like that) when it's published later this year by Atlas Games. It's by our own Dougmander, it's a lot like you describe, and it absolutely kicks ass.

Khayman said:
Sounds weird, but it has psionic worms, trenchcoat wearing baddies, and lots of guns.
Sold.

Remove ads