Player's Handbook II?

Tuzenbach

First Post
OK. It seems like every 2-3 months there's yet another WoTC product which introduces a brand new core class that many persons immediately fall in love with. Recently, there's been the Scout and the Warlock and there are many of you here who can name much more than that. However, in order to access the new classes, you've got to have access to the new books. Would it not be easier for us players if WoTC just threw all the new classes together (along with the old) in a Player's Handbook II?

I can tell you all right now I've no intention of ever purchasing the Complete Divine, or the Complete Warrior. Dunno about the Complete Adventurer, but if I *do* decide to buy the Complete Arcane, it will be solely due to my curiosity revolving around the Warlock class. However, why should I have to buy a whole book just for one friggin' class? I don't know. Perhaps I'm just a frugal D&Der with not enough time or money or space to devote to my hobby, but it'd sure by nice to get ALL the new classes in ONE book rather than FOUR. Am I being unreasonable?

Tuzenbach

First Post
Ogrork the Mighty said:
Maybe because WotC is running a business, not a charity?
True.

BUT!

If they DID come out with a PHB II with all the new core classes from the Complete book series, I'd buy it. And buying is always good for business. Buying also is what I haven't done with any of the Complete books thus far, and that can't be good for business.

:)

Mythtify

First Post
If they printed a PHB2, putting in the classes from the complete books and other sources, they would catching a ton of flack from the all the people who paid for the orginal books.
The fact is, the hobby can be expensive. You have to choose which products you really want.

Tuzenbach

First Post
Mythtify said:
If they printed a PHB2, putting in the classes from the complete books and other sources, they would catching a ton of flack from the all the people who paid for the orginal books.
The fact is, the hobby can be expensive. You have to choose which products you really want.
Also true. Unfortunately......... I REALLY WANT the PHB II!

:)

First off, not gunna happen. Second off, there would be too many classes. Third off, that's the whole point of the Complete series: to add to the baseline classes. Complete Adventurer just came out! They're not going to reprint something that just came out. Go buy the Complete books.

Stone Angel

First Post
Not a bad idea, what I would love is for one huge codex of all the spells, so when I get to higher levels I don't have to shuffle between five different books.

The could be other things too, besides character class's you know maybe advanced tactics expanded tables and such I dunno, not the worst idea I have ever had.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

whydirt

First Post
I think a better question is which of the new core classes is solid enough to possibly make the cut in 4th edition of the PHB.

Remove ads