Hitch Hiker's Guide random thoughts

Mystery Man

First Post
I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm not sure if I like how they're handling Zaphod's two heads, need to see more.

Read the first three books many years ago, couldn't get into So Long and Thanks For All the Fish. Maybe I'll try again. I think the Restaraunt At the End of the Universe is my favorite.

Who else watched the BBC series when they aired it on PBS? I used to have it on tape for awhile.

Read the Dirk Gently books, I'd like to see a movie made of them too.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Mystery Man said:
I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm not sure if I like how they're handling Zaphod's two heads, need to see more.

I agree. The heads don't look good. Everything else looks cool, though - I like Marvin's look. The trailer seemed a bit "zany" and "actiony" to me; all a little too frantic. However, the trailer was only a few snippets. Could have done with hearing Marvin's voice or the voice of the Guide.

Read the first three books many years ago, couldn't get into So Long and Thanks For All the Fish. Maybe I'll try again. I think the Restaraunt At the End of the Universe is my favorite.

Don't forget "Mostly Harmless", the 5th book. The first three were undoubtably the best, though.

Who else watched the BBC series when they aired it on PBS? I used to have it on tape for awhile.

Well, I certainly didn't see it on PBS! I saw the original broadcast, though, and have it on video. I dig it out once a year or so.

Meowzebub

First Post
I wore out my tape years ago and so was very pleased to have been able to pick up the original on dvd a couple of months back.

I agree that it comes down to Zaphod and Marvin. I saw the shots of Marvin and am not sure on the design, but it is the voice that will make the sale for me.

I haven't yet seen the heads shot of Zaphod.

Xath

Moder-gator
While watching the trailer, I couldn't figure out what they'd done to Zaphod. Then I saw the second head and third arm. I'm not sure if I like it or not; I think I'll have to see more.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
God I loved those books. I kind of wish Marvin wasn't a midget, and I also think Zaphod's second head isn't right. Oh well. I guess we'll see how it turned out soon. Hopefully it won't be too lame.

Crothian

First Post
THe books are freaking brilliant so the movie can't live up to them in my mind...and since I know that I won't be expecting it to. THe trailer was zany and all over the place, but it covered enough stuff that I was satisfied with it.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Moriarty said all that needs to be said about this movie:

First things first... there’s a new rule that I suggest needs to be amended to the Screen Actor’s Guild MBA: you are required to cast Alan Rickman and Sam Rockwell in any science-fiction comedy ever made. Worked for GALAXY QUEST. Worked again here.

The movie looks at first glance.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I liked the arm, did not like the head and have not made up my mind about Marvin. It did seem rather fast paced. The ships hanging in the air (in the same way bricks don't) were very good.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases