Shackled City - Life's Bazaar [FULL]

silentspace

First Post
Watermark12 said:
I've made some decisions about the group, and would like to invite the following three players into the game.

Two-Gun Kid as Toskar, Dwarven Fighter (sometimes the early bird really does get the worm! And, I like the effort shown on his background so far.)

Khur as unnamed monk/cleric (see next post for specifics.)

Vigwyn the Unruly as Brokkus, Dwarven Cleric (two dwarves from different backgrounds could make for some good role-play, and I just flat-out like the uniqueness of the character)

So, that leaves two spots left open. As you can see, the party has a good amount of melee bashing, and divine magic. It needs a rogue/bard for some stealthy activity, and a sorcerer/wizard for arcane spellcasting. I'd like to choose from the following applicants:

CoolHand (arcane spellcaster would be great, need to see a character proposal)

tigycho (I like your experience, need to see a character proposal)

Tarlonniel (Vow of Poverty is acceptable, need to see a character proposal)

Mimic (initial character was good, just rejected for party balance reasons. Feel free to submit another)

silentspace (initial character was good, just rejected for party balance reasons. Feel free to submit another)

Please send character proposals at your earliest opportunity.

You have so many players already, I'm not going to submit another. :)

silentspace

First Post
Khur said:
A LN (good leanings) human (or half-orc) cleric/monk of Saint Cuthbert with a history tied to the overthrow of the Sea Princes and the legacy of the Scarlet Brotherhood. The monk treads a middle road, with the domains of Destruction and Protection as his guides.

Given that many aspects of the cleric and monk play on each other’s strengths, it might be wise to charge me a feat for the privilege of multiclassing. If you choose not to, it's fine with me.

I'm willing to post the character, but I'd rather not post his complete background. That's something the other players should have to learn (or not).

I'd either like to use the 3.0 multiclass at 1st-level rules or start as a monk with acolyte training, but no clerical powers as of yet. The character will focus on monk, if another player takes the role of cleric, or vice versa.

Watermark12 said:
I like the duality and inherent conflict of the domain choices. Should make for some interesting development.

Having thought it over a bit more, I agree with your assessment that there should be a price paid for the monk/cleric multi-class, so I will require that the character take the Monastic Training feat.

Feel free to post the character at your convenience. If you don't wish to publicize the background, please e-mail it to me at:
watermarktemple (at) yahoo (dot) com

I'm not a big fan of the first level multiclass rules, so I'd prefer that he start as a first level monk.

Hey, neat character concept.

I see no duality in the domain choices...? It's offense and defense, like both wearing armor AND carrying a weapon ;) Monk/cleric multiclass isn't really that powerful, sure he gets the monk ac bonus but only if he gives up on wearing armor! Unless you mean he won't have the usual monk multiclass restrictions. Anyway, just my 2 cents, feel free to ignore.

Mimic

First Post
Well if you don't want the monk (as you say the group is pretty melee heavy) I could go for a arcane trickster (If prestige classes are allowed) kind of character, focused more on sneaking and backstabbing.

I wil throw up a character later today

Last edited:

Watermark12

First Post
Mimic said:
Well if you don't want the monk (as you say the group is pretty melee heavy) I could go for a arcane trickster (If prestige classes are allowed) kind of character, focused more on sneaking and backstabbing.

I wil throw up a character later today

That would be great!

Tarlonniel

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Meg
[B]Class:[/B] Rogue
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG

[B]Str:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]   10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +0    +4     16
[B]Touch:[/B] 16              [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]     0     +1          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]      2     +2          +4
[B]Will:[/B]     0     +2          +2

[B]Weapon                 Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Quarterstaff 1h          +1     1d6+1           x2
Dagger 1h                +1     1d4+1           19-20/x2
Dagger (thrown)          +2     1d4+1           19-20/x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Halfling

[B]Abilities:[/B]
[B]Rogue:[/B] Sneak Attack +1d6, trapfinding

[B]Feats:[/B] Sacred Vow
       Vow of Poverty

[B]Skill Points:[/B]  44        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                  Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                 4     +2          +6
Decipher Script          4     +2          +6
Diplomacy                0     +0    +2    +2
Escape Artist            4     +2          +6 
Hide                     4     +2          +6
Knowledge (local)        4     +2          +6
Listen                   4     +2          +6
Move Silently            4     +2          +6
Profession (guide)       4     +2          +6
Search                   4     +2          +6
Sense Motive             4     +2          +6
Spot                     4     +2          +6

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Peasant’s Outfit          0gp   --lb
Quarterstaff              0gp    4lb
Dagger                    2gp    1lb
Sack with food for 1 day  5sp    1lb
[B]Total Weight:[/B] 6lb    [B]Money:[/B] none

Description:
Meg is 5’ 2” tall and weighs about 115 lbs. She wears sandals, a brown woolen cap, a working dress, and a greenish-brown homespun robe. From her loose leather belt hangs a small sack and a dagger; she also carries a weather-beaten old walking stick. Meg has hazel eyes and long black hair which she wears in a braid, tied with a piece of old string. There is something vaguely Elvish in her face and figure.

Personality:
Meg is a cheerful, carefree woman. She loves to sing - nursery rhymes, popular songs, folk tunes, hymns, old ballads, nonsense verses, and occasionally her own compositions. She also likes to quote snatches of poetry whenever something brings them to her mind. She is fearless, but not rash; caring, but not emotional. Her primary fault is taking lightly things which may be serious to others. She knows little of how important the ties to home, family, friends, and custom can be. When she offends she is quick to apologize… slow to understand.

History:
Meg is in her mid twenties. She was abandoned as a young child by the side of the road and remembers nothing of her original home or family. Wandering about, she had come upon a nearby shrine to Fharlanghn and was taken in by the cleric there. As she grew she was passed from shrine to shrine, in the true spirit of the god of travelers; she cannot recall now where or by whom she was originally rescued.

Upon the twentieth anniversary of her adoption she made a vow to spend her life wandering the paths of the world, giving others the same unselfish aid she had received. Meg believes that this is Fharlanghn’s will and the ultimate purpose of his protection. Now she can normally be found with trading caravans or similar groups of travelers, offering knowledge and protection in exchange for food and transport.

LogicsFate

First Post
How about this?

Brell is a small town sorcerer with few marketable talents other than his up to now favorite spell pretidigition. His town was small enough that no adventurers have come out of there in memory or perhaps its just that those who had, ended with a drastically cut life span. He was the town hero (the biggest things he saved were cats from trees) but with such special treatment one would tend to get a big head.

So with the approval of friends and family and a hearty going away present he set off to make his fortune and put his hometown's name on the map by heading to a nearby large city.(yes , he doesn't actually have any long term plans)

Naivete has gotten the better of him. Naivete, boastfulness and thugs have gotten the better of him to be exact, shortly after arriving at the current town and getting mugged Brell realized he wasn't that special and the weight of the world crashed heavily on him. Brell is now looking (or has just found) work to keep him alive, a feat after most of what he had what was given to him by the villagers was pilfered.

He tries to keep a positive attitude but with no one paying to save cats his life seems to have hit a wall.

If you would like, it wouldn't take long to write up a charater

spycat

First Post
ok so ive got a dwarvin barbarian in the works
i need to know if there are any particuler
dwarvin barbarian cultures that i need
to know any specifics about, or do i
need to come up with the specifics on my own?

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Watermark12 said:
Vigwyn the Unruly as Brokkus, Dwarven Cleric (two dwarves from different backgrounds could make for some good role-play, and I just flat-out like the uniqueness of the character)

Thanks! Can't wait to get started. :D

Watermark12

First Post
spycat said:
ok so ive got a dwarvin barbarian in the works
i need to know if there are any particuler
dwarvin barbarian cultures that i need
to know any specifics about, or do i
need to come up with the specifics on my own?

spycat, thanks for your interest in my game, but if you read my post from yesterday, you'll see that I've decided to go with other players. I wish you the best of luck in finding a game!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases