Shackled City - Life's Bazaar [FULL]

Watermark12

First Post
I'm going to be starting up a game based on the Life's Bazaar adventure from Dungeon Magazine #97. This is the first chapter in the Shackled City campaign that ran through Dungeon for the last couple of years. For now, the plan is just to play the first adventure, but I'm interested in continuing on in the series if all goes well.

I need five players, preferably unfamiliar with this adventure series (or at least the ability to role-play as such :)). Please submit 1st-level character ideas, including a description. Guidelines are as follows:

-Ability scores generated via 28 point buy (racial modifiers applied after points are spent).
-Average starting gold to purchase equipment.
-Maximum hit points at first level.
-Non-core rules sources are subject to my approval.
-Game is nominally set in the core Greyhawk setting (for purpose of deity selection).

The adventure has significant opportunities for investigation and role-playing interactions, but be aware that a sizable amount of it is a dungeon crawl. Fair warning if that's not your cup of tea.

Who's in?

Last edited:

Watermark12

First Post
Two-Gun Kid said:
I am interested if you will take on a board, but not D&D, newbie.

Are all core races allowed, or would you prefer an all "x" party?

TGK

I'm happy to take on a newbie, welcome!

All races are allowable.

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Two concepts right off the bat...:)

1) Dwarven fighter, who would take paragon lvls if you allow it, who is currently employed as a bouncer in a bar in the town.

2)Gnomish Diviner who would take Loremaster PrC if the game goes that long. Currently working as a scribe in town at any of the churches/libraries until he can save up enough to leave town once more.

Do either of these sound workable?

Watermark12

First Post
Two-Gun Kid said:
Two concepts right off the bat...:)

1) Dwarven fighter, who would take paragon lvls if you allow it, who is currently employed as a bouncer in a bar in the town.

2)Gnomish Diviner who would take Loremaster PrC if the game goes that long. Currently working as a scribe in town at any of the churches/libraries until he can save up enough to leave town once more.

Do either of these sound workable?

Either one would work fine, so go ahead and work up whichever you'd prefer.

The only caveat is that I don't want any life-long natives of Cauldron (the city where the adventure takes place) in the party. A large part of the adventure involves investigating some happenings in the city, so it all needs to be new to the PCs. I would be fine with your character having found employment within the town within a fairly recent time frame, say two weeks or so.

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
Where in Greyhawk is the city located? I'd like to play a barbarian, paladin, or monk, if you'll allow it. The location is important to me, because I'd like the character to be from nearby. I'm not sure of the race, but I favor human.

If I do play a monk, what are your rules about monk multiclassing? If it's by the book, can I use Eberron's Monastic Training feat to allow free multiclassing between monk and one other class?

This will be the first time I've tried PbP.

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
I think I will go with the Dwarven fighter route. I know it might be a bit cliched', but I haven't been able to play a good simple kick-butt and take names character in a long time...:)

Do you use the Flaw rules to allow for more Feats at the onset?

Watermark12

First Post
Khur said:
Where in Greyhawk is the city located? I'd like to play a barbarian, paladin, or monk, if you'll allow it. The location is important to me, because I'd like the character to be from nearby. I'm not sure of the race, but I favor human.

If I do play a monk, what are your rules about monk multiclassing? If it's by the book, can I use Eberron's Monastic Training feat to allow free multiclassing between monk and one other class?

This will be the first time I've tried PbP.

The city of Cauldron (built in the bowl of a dormant volcano, by the way), is located in the southwest of the Flanaess, at the western edge of the Amedio Jungle on Jeklea Bay, where it meets the Hellfurnaces. It's fairly well removed from major civilization.

I am flexible about multi-classing, and do not adhere rigidly to the official rules, as long as the choices make sense, and are supported through good role-playing and character background. What specifically did you have in mind?

Watermark12

First Post
Two-Gun Kid said:
I think I will go with the Dwarven fighter route. I know it might be a bit cliched', but I haven't been able to play a good simple kick-butt and take names character in a long time...:)

Do you use the Flaw rules to allow for more Feats at the onset?

No, sorry. Standard number of feats.

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
No problem, but if you don't mind, I am still going to play my character as being slightly hard of hearing. It is one of the main reasons he has the lowered Chr score, apart from simply being a dwarf, and will hopefully allow him to be something more than the "dwarf with an axe".

The flaw I was going to take was "Inattentive", which is a -4 to Listen and Spot checks, and if you will allow it, I would still like the penalty to his Listen. No compensation required..:)

Thanks..:)

Remove ads