Shackled City - Life's Bazaar [FULL]

LogicsFate

First Post
Im interested, though I don’t read dudgeon, if that helps(or hurts)

Not sure on what I want to do, something in either the cleric or rogue areas I think

Last edited:

spycat

First Post
I'm in
do yuo want to roll stats for us
or is there a sight you prefer we roll at
invisible castle or the like
ive been wanting to play a barbarian for some time now
but I don't know many of the specifics
of the greyhawk world
can someone point me in the right direction

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Toskar Trollbane,Shield Dwarf Male Fighter 1
Str 16, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +0
Atk +5 melee (1d10+3/20x3, Dwarven Waraxe), +4 melee (1d10+3/20x2, Greatclub) +1 ranged (1d6+2/20x2 throwing axe)
AC 14 (scale), hp16
SA darkvision, stonecunning, +4 vs. being bull rushed or tripped, +2 on saves vs. poison and spells, +1 atk. vs. goblinoids and orcs, +4 AC vs. giants
Feats/Skills: Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe), Toughness; Appraise (stone/metal) +3, Craft (Weaponsmithingl) +4, Craft (Brewing) +3, Intimidate +4, Listen -4*, Profession (Bouncer) +2, Sense Motive +1
Equipment: Scale Mail, Dwarven Waraxe, Greatclub, 2 Throwing Axes, Backpack w/bedroll, waterskin, 2 days rations, 50' silk rope

*: Penalty comes from Toskar's partial deafness.

G

Guest 11456

Couple of character ideas:

Yosephus Errol Smithe
Human Cleric of Pelor
The younger of two sons, Yoseph suffered from a fever when he was a boy.

Grynth Shylok
Half-Orc Druid
Orphen at an early age, Grynth was found by a local ranger who dropped him off at a druid's grove.

CoolHand

First Post
Looks like you may already be full, but if not I'd like to give it a whirl. I'm flexible on classes, though since I don't see anyone else volunteering for a Wizard or Sorcerer that might be the way to go. Perhaps the eccentric Gnome Illusionist would be fun to try. I'd be happy to put together a full bio if needed.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Character Submission

Here is a character that I cooked up some time ago and have been waiting to submit to a PbP Shackled City campaign. :D I would very much like to play, but unfortunately I can only post three times a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you want to go faster, I will respectfully withdraw.

But if everyone is okay with it, I would like to jump in with both feet!

And so I present to you . . .

Adamant Bohaven

Code:
Male halfling ranger 1
Small humanoid (halfling)
HD 1d10+1; hp 11
Init +3
Spd 20 ft.

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Atk +1; Grp –2
Atk +5 melee (1d4+1/x3, handaxe)
      or +5 ranged (1d6/x3, longbow)
Full Atk +5 melee (1d4+1/x3, handaxe)
      or +5 ranged (1d6/x3, longbow)
      or +1/–3 melee (1d4+1/x3, handaxe and 1d3+1/x4, light pick)

SA favored enemy (monstrous humanoids) +2
SQ wild empathy +1

AL CG
SV Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2
Str 12, Dex 17,. Con 13, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.

Skills:
Climb +4, Hide +10, Jump +4,
Knowledge (nature) +3, Listen +7, Move Silently +8,
Profession (gardener) +2, Search +2, Spot +5,
Survival +5

Feats: Track, Weapon Finesse.

Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven.

Possessions: handaxe, light pick, 4 daggers, longbow,
studded leather,
backpack,
3 candles, flint and steel,
ink vial, inkpen, journal,
4 trail rations, waterskin (full),
whetstone, 4 sunrods

Appearance:

While most halflings might seem almost perpetually joyful, never without a smile or a witty remark, Adamant retains a look of grim determination on his unshaven face. Long, dark hair frames his face, which he ignores when it catches on his stubble or covers his eyes. Every step he takes is with supreme purpose and focus, his ears always pricked, his intense storm-gray eyes always scanning. He may have to crane his neck to speak with most others twice his height, yet somehow, he always seems to look at others directly and right into their eyes.

Background:

Adamant had trained for years in preparation to become a clanwarden of his small halfling community. The Wardens, a small and elite force, protected their friends and families from bandits, marauders, and wandering beasts. To join their ranks, one must pass the test of search, survival, and stealth. A dire boar, captured and then released into the surrounding woods at night, would undoubtedly leave a trail. Upon waking the following morning, it was Adamant's task to track, find, and capture the creature by nightfall. He plunged into the trees, confident in his abilities, and immediately identifying the boar's trail. Fates, however, rallied against him. A freak storm broke, washing away the boar's trail, washing it away to practically nothing. Still, Adamant plodded on, seeing a tuft of hair here, catching a whiff of the animal there. Finally, as his deadline approached and the sun began to set, he found the boar feasting on its own meal. Adamant withdrew his bow, knocked an arrow, and shot the creature clean through its neck. Grinning, Adamant returned home, his prize slung across his shoulders, hardly noticing the buckling of his knees beneath the animal's weight.

Adamant returned home to discover he had caught the wrong prey.

The boar Adamant had been sent to track had been especially marked on one of its hooves, detectable only through arcane magic. No such mark appeared on the boar Adamant had brought. Not only had he failed his test, but some also began to suspect he had not tried at all, that he had downed the first he had come across, that he had cheated. Adamant protested, requested another chance, but he was declined. He would never be eligible again: he had lost his chance.

Adamant's dream had shattered. What's more, no one looked him straight into his eyes again, doubting him. Adamant spent more time in the woods, away from the narrowed eyes, the shakes of heads. Eventually, he realized he was not even missed in his community when he spent days, even weeks, meditating in the wild. One day, without saying good-bye, he simply left in search of a community that might accept him.

Last edited:

tigycho

Explorer
Are you Full?

I'd like to call Dibs on any PC slot that may be open.

I've been playing D&D since 1984, starting with Red Book Erol Otis D&D, and moving through all subsequent editions.

I'd be willing to play any class that seems to be missing from the mix.

Thanks.

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Is there a specific bar I should have Toskar working at? I know this hinges on me getting accepted to the game, but as I am making up his history, I was curious...:)

Toskar has just recently began using the Greatclub, basically his second night on the job, and since he has proven he is not afraid to use it, the crowd in "his" bar has gotten steadily better, much to the delight of <insert bar owner here>. Toskar has also offered to share with him the recipe for "real" ale and whiskey after the first time he sampled what the bar had for sale and nearly spit it right out thinking someone had given him water.

If anyone would like to work on a partial shared background, perhaps they could be "regulars" at the bar, or perhaps they could have been on the receiving end of a club nudge if they had gotten a bit "loud" in the bar.

The way I look at it, the more we discuss before and as the game is getting ready to start, the more RPing chances we will have once it does start.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases