[XRP] A Magical Society: Guide to Monster Statistics now Available

We've just released the latest freebie in the Magical Society line at rpgnow.com. It's 19 pages discussing the stat block and is an excerpt from the larger work, A Magical Society: Beast Builder which will be out in PDF form late march/early april. It'll be a whopping 256 pages of Magical Society goodness about monsters.... :D

A Magical Society: Guide to Monster Statistics

Joseph Browning
Expeditious Retreat Press

Hey, I have to be thorough.... It is a Magical Society book after all.. :)

My driving design principle for this book was to make it as easy as possible to use a single source to make monsters and to give GMs a whole bunch of ideas about monsters by using the existing monsters as general guidelines. Once you see the freebie you'll have a good idea of what I mean by that somewhat vague statement.

And by the way, what are you people doing up at this hour? I's 2:30pm here in India... crazy gamers... :D

joe b.

John Cooper

Explorer
Likewise, mine is printing as I type this.

I'd just like to go on record as stating that this is a truly fantastic thing you're doing here, Joseph. I've seen some pretty rough monster stats in my days as a reviewer, and I really think that anybody intending to publish a book or PDF with monster stats ought to at least download this freebie, if not purchase the full-blown A Magical Society: Beast Builder PDF when it comes out. It could really help their credibility in the long run.

John Cooper said:
Likewise, mine is printing as I type this.

I'd just like to go on record as stating that this is a truly fantastic thing you're doing here, Joseph. I've seen some pretty rough monster stats in my days as a reviewer, and I really think that anybody intending to publish a book or PDF with monster stats ought to at least download this freebie, if not purchase the full-blown A Magical Society: Beast Builder PDF when it comes out. It could really help their credibility in the long run.

Thanks John, from you that means quite a bit for us. I don't know if you noticed but we've turned you into a verb in the introduction... :) You shoulda (TM) your name...

Our goal with this book was to make it a mad book, a book that hopefully will be so usefull that anyone making monsters will reference it. And it is pretty mad, a whole book about monster making from conception to execution. If we've done it right, even the most hardened DM will find something in it he'd never thought of before.

joe b.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases