Rogue Build(s) please comment

Demoquin

First Post
ok i have been sittin here for two hours to crunch a plan for my elven Rogue.

Lvl 3 (almost 4) Rogue with 14,18 (+),12,15 (+1),12,12 dual wielding MW daggers.

My plan is to make as much Sneak attacks that i am alloted too. Also making ranged death touch attacks when my char is at that lvl. I am looking at 6d6 SA here with a lot of goodies.

Rog 3/ Swash 3/ ASN 5/Master Thrower 1/ ASN 2/ MT 4/ASN 1
BAB 16 = 6 attacks a round

Feats (are in order) TWF, Wep finesse, Imp Iniative, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Wep Focus Dagger, (quickdraw free), Sneaky shot (free), Improved Feint, Double Toss, Snatch Arrows (free), Imp TWF, Weak Spot, Critical Throw

Ok some questions :
Can i focus on dagger and count that as a throwing dagger for the purposes for MT?

Could i use the MT ability even if i am not throwing? like Critical Throw?

Is imp feint even worth it as i will have HIPS by that level?

After reading up on the Invisible Blade .. i see that he can feint for free at lvl 5. Would IB be better suited for this type of character? If so i could take ASN to lvl 3, add some fighter for feats (if needed)Take SD and add IB.

Rog 3 /Swa 3 /ASN 3 /SD 1 /IB 5 /MT 5

Only 4d6 SA but has the ability to make them more often

Philip

Explorer
Demoquin said:
Ok some questions :
Can i focus on dagger and count that as a throwing dagger for the purposes for MT?

Sure, a dagger can be a melee weapon as well as a thrown weapon.

Demoquin said:
Could i use the MT ability even if i am not throwing? like Critical Throw?

What do you think, really? Critical Throw on a 'melee' attack. I think not. A MT can only use his thrown weapon tricks with a thrown weapon for which the character has taken weapon focus. If you use it as a melee weapon, its exactly that, a melee weapon.

Demoquin said:
Is imp feint even worth it as i will have HIPS by that level?

Yes, unless you think you can use Hide in Plain Sight to hide from an enemy who has spotted you and subsequently catch your enemy flat-footed by 'reappearing' from hiding. This cannot be done with Hide in Plain Sight.

Demoquin said:
After reading up on the Invisible Blade .. i see that he can feint for free at lvl 5. Would IB be better suited for this type of character? If so i could take ASN to lvl 3, add some fighter for feats (if needed)Take SD and add IB.

I think so, just change the PreReqs for the IB, as I understand there was an editing mistake in the PreReqs of the IB.

rowport

First Post
Invisible Blade will be a better fit than Master Thrower for this particular character IMO. You might also consider using Ninja (from Complete Adventurer) instead of Rogue for the build, since it is so heavily Sneak-based, and the Ninja's Ki abilities will work well for that.

Demoquin

First Post
I have decided to go use this build instead

Rog 3/Swa 3 Asn 1/ Ftr 2/ SD 2/ Ftr 2/ IB1/ ASN 1 / IB 4/ ASN 1

TWF
Wep Finesse Daggers
Combat Reflexes
Dodge
Mobility
Spring Attak
Imp Iniative
WF Daggers
Wep Spec Daggers
Imp TWF
Imp Crit Daggers

Can someone tell me when the IB gets his Dagger SA? I forgot to write that down.

mikebr99

Explorer
Demoquin said:

<snip>

Can someone tell me when the IB gets his Dagger SA? I forgot to write that down.
1st, 3rd... & 5th.

And your DM is allowing this... the 6 different classes?

Mike

mikebr99

Explorer
Demoquin said:
is there a rule that says i cant use 6 different classes?
No... is was being facetious.

If you've got a good story line and character concept... and your DM is on the same page... go for it!.

I just thought... based on the title of the thread... that you were needing help with a Rogue.

Mike

RigaMortus

Explorer
Demoquin said:

What are the abbreviations SD and IB? And why is abbreviation such a long word? You would think it would be a shorter word given what it means...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases