Quick! Githzerai Lich Queen Needed Urgently!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hi foks - I need your help! I have a very short time to prepare for tonight's game (my fault - I'm lazy and left it too long). Tonight's to be a big fight, and I could use your help in coming up with my main antagonist.

What I need is a fully statted Githzerai psionic lich in the CR 22 region. I also need help with the psionics - this will be the first time that I've ever used psionics, and this should be a fun intro for my players to the rules.

The Queen will have bodyguards, of course; the PCs have protection from the psionic powers of her bodyguards (a gift from a rival Slaadi organisation), but the protection cannot protect them from the psionics of the lich queen herself. Also, the PCs already have her phylactery, which is somewhere safe and ready to be dealt with.

Any help with strategies would be cool, too. I'm going for interesting here, not uber-munchkin TPK-ing death machine. I want the battle to be pretty epic in scope, fun to play and a cool display of psionics; so she needs to be statted in an interesting way rather than a munchkin way (although, of course, she still needs to be pretty darn tough!)

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't have the Planar Handbook, I'm afraid. And CR 25 is a little too tough! Also, to make life more awkward, she's Githzerai, not Githyanki. :)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
My new comp doesn't have char gen on it yet, but in the interests of bumping the thread: 3.0 or 3.5 rules?

(actually, I think I can help if its 3.0)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Here's a start. I'll leave the power and feat choices to the experts, though. :)

I chose wilder because that's more likely than Psion for githzerai. Also, it has fewer powers, making it easier for you to keep track of 'em. :)

female githzerai lich Wilder19: CR 22; Medium undead (Extraplanar, Psionic); HD 19d12 (129 hp); Init +5; Spd 30'; AC 20 (+5 Dex, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 15; Base Atk +14; Grp +13; Atk +13 Melee or +19 Ranged; Full Atk +13/+8/+3 Melee or +19/+14/+9 Ranged; SA psi-like abilities, wild surge +6, psychic enervation, surging euphoria +2, fear aura, damaging touch, paralyzing touch; SQ naturally psionic, PR 24, darkvision 120', elude touch, volatile mind (4 power points), +4 turn resistance, DR 15/bludgeoning, immunities; AL CE; SV Fort +6, Refl +11, Will +15; Str 8, Dex 20, Con -, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 22.
Skills: 110 Wilder skill points. Also, gets a +8 bonus to several skills (see lich template).
Feats: 7 feats.

Power Points/Day: 370

Psi-Like Abilities: 3/day--inertial armor, psionic daze, catfall, concussion; 1/day--plane shift. Manifester level 9th. Save DC 16 + power level.

Note: The save DC against this lich's special lich attacks is 25.

Last edited:

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Hmmmm. 110 skill points, eh?

Ranks + synergy + abilities + lich = skill
All skills are class skills

Autohypnosis - 15 + 0 + 4 = 19
Balance - 5 + 2 + 5 = 12
Bluff - 10 + 0 + 6 = 16
Climb - 5 + 0 -1 = 4
Concentration - 20 + 0 + 3 (skill focus) = 23
Escape Artist (hey, you never know) - 4 + 5 = 9
Intimidate - 10 + 2 + 6 = 18
Jump - 11 +2 -1 = 12
Knowledge (psionics) - 10 + 4 + 1 = 15
Listen - 5 + 4 + 8 = 17
Sense Motive - 5 + 0 + 4 + 8 = 17
Spot - 5 + 4 = 9
Tumble - 5 +2 + 5 = 12

... I gave her jump so she can take that psi jumping feat and be all Matrixy.

Feats
====
Empower
Twin Power
Maximize Power
Psionic Endowment
Greater Psionic Endowment
Inquisitor (just cuz, you may want to swap this out for a HP or Save boost)
Mental Leap

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cool! That's a great start. A few powers, feats and items and we'll be there! I'll need help with the actual usage of psionic powers, though, this being my first time.:)

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Crumbs, her STR is only 8 so she really can't get Mental Leap

If it were me, I'd ignore it and figure my players would prefer Matrix leaps to accurate liches. If you don't want to do that, swap out Mental Leap for a +2 bonus to Fort saves.

Edit: and I want to make it clear that I know nothing about what psi powers are any good. I cruised on by the d20 optimization boards on wizards.com but there's not a lot of psi love there.

Bonus edit: she gets 170,000 gp of gear. I can work on that.

Last edited:

Remove ads