(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 6)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The taraakian regards the situation with a grave expression, disquiet in his eyes.
Hazen, as an Angel, realizes that there is some distress in that mind, evident in the body language, in the nervous movements of the fingers in the hands.

The taraakian waits, and communicates nothing, until Siobhan and Kalanyr have plighted their troth.

Then he looks at Kas, and communicates:

Please shealth your sword, Kas.
I am an ambassador, and speak the will of my government.
I am not here to do battle, unless such is forced upon me.

I am given considerable latitude in what I may say and do by my government ... and I will exercise that latitude now.

I wish to explain to you, how we see the situation, and why we have taken the position that offends you so greatly.

(It is evident that the taraakian is choosing his words carefully, and communicates slowly and cautiously)

We were summoned by peoples with whom we had made agreements that could not be broken, and could not be denied, for such is our nature.
We arrived to find very serious destruction. Whole worlds destroyed. Entire races become extinct.
Our ethics require retribution against those who kill those we swore to protect.

We quickly traced the source of the attacks back to these Spheres.
Our initial assessment was that sterilization was necessary.

He regards everyone solemnly:

Yes, sterilization.
The slain souls of billions cried out to us for retribution against those who had done this thing, without provocation, without reason, without sanity.
Indeed, a case could be made in our courts that most of you either directly contributed to the ascendance of the (untranslatable - he is referring to the Red Goo), or you were collaborators in the crime.

However, we are not a people who take life without need, and we do not kill without cause.
We choose instead to send a scout to your Spheres, to access the situation, and send back to our government the facts uncovered.
That was my task, and this has been done.
It was upon the information sent to them, that my government made the judgement it has made, and instructed me to relay that judgement to you.

The taraakian pauses, considering his words, then continues:

We appreciate the monuments you have created with your magic and your science.
The Penumbral Hub. The Mana Fortress. The Hive Cluster. The great cities of the United Commonwealth.

However, we appreciate far more the institutions you have created.
The World Forum. The Torilian Parliament. The Alliance of Oerth. Even the Cydians have their merits, as well as their drawbacks.

We are delighted at the strength you have found in yourselves.
The strength to restore Oerth and Luna, undo the damage and ravages of war.
The strength to stand against what some amongst you call the One God, and your willingness to turn your backs to her.
The strength to fight for peace, prosperity, and diversity, yet in that fight you do not choose to conquer, and destroy the very thing you struggle for.

The laws of your enlightened institutions, their willingness to allow diversity, their insights into Magic and Science, and the ways in which they have used those insights for good, show how far you have risen.
You have risen very far. Very far indeed.

The taraakian continues, and Hazen detects a growing sadness in him:

Yet, as you have grown, so has your capacity for destruction grown.
Some among you have eschewed wisdom and growth, and have chosen to exercise that capacity for destruction.
They have not demonstrated any adequate reason for their decision, for they have no reasonable justification for their actions.

The taraakian looks troubled, his eyes sad:

We arrived just in time to halt you from destroying yourselves.
The vision that you were shown is the truth that would have been if we had not intervened.
Everything that you worked and fought for, sacrificed for, gave the entirety of your lives for, would have been ended.
Your monuments, your institutions, your civilization, completely erased from the Spheres.
Your people, their inherent potential for greatness and achievement, killed in body and soul, forever gone.

You appear to believe that this is freedom.
If this is freedom, then it is an undesirable freedom, for this is the freedom of death, the freedom of oblivion.
Is this the freedom that you desire?

For this IS the freedom that you choose.

The taraaakian looks at everyone present, one by one:

It is obvious to us that, if we leave, you will destroy yourselves.
We do not believe there is freedom in oblivion.
We believe that oblivion is the end of all choice and freedom, forever.
Yet this oblivion, is your choice. You choose the most unfree path of all, and you call this your right.

You have been repeatedly warned against this path by those who understood it.
Your Alliance of Oerth warned you.
Your United Commonwealth of Toril warned you.
The increasing level of destruction warned you.
Even the Angels finally chose to intervene, and warn you.

You did not heed them.
Repeatedly, time and again, you choose not to heed those who were wise, and you insistantly and insanely continued down the path towards oblivion.

We have no reason to believe that you will, of your own free will and volition, choose to turn aside from that path.
If you will not heed the vision of the Angels, then you will not heed any voice of reason.

You say that our inclusion of you into our Empire is an act of tyranny.
It is an act of mercy.
Mercy, in that we will restrain you from destroying yourselves, until you gain the insight and wisdom to never again walk the dark road into oblivion.
Mercy, in that we will teach you better roads.
Roads, to true strength and true peace.

If we were to turn our backs on you, and depart, which some of you are ardently demanding, that would - truly - be an act of pitiless horror and an act utterly devoid of compassion and mercy.
If we turn our backs on you, and you destroy yourselves, your blood is on our hands, and we will never be free of it.

However ...

Restraining you from self destruction will require that we exercise what you call heavy-handedness.
In removing choice from you, we are by default being heavy-handed.
We must remove choice from you, if we are to restrain you from destroying yourself.

And yes, my government has decided to impose our law upon you, and incorporate you into our Empire.
We are removing a very considerable amount of choice from you.

You are too dangerous for us to reasonably choose otherwise.

You have destroyed our friends and allies, killed those we swore to protect.
You have destroyed hundreds of worlds, killed billions of people.
You have wantomly employed and used (untranslatable - he is referring to the Red Goo), when you clearly knew that it was wrong to do so.
One amongst you, Alzem the Celestial, knew the nature of this substance at once, and he warned all of you against it - you did not heed him, or you choose to ignore him, because it was not conveinient to heed wisdom.
You have wantomly employed magic to alter reality for your own selfish ends. In halting the fusion of the sun of Athas, you have destroyed all living beings on the other three worlds of that system besides Athas itself.
You have harnessed fusion power, and you wantomly use it to bombard whole planets, to destroy whole worlds (he gestures up into the sky at ruined Luna.)

We clearly perceive that many of you desire, not freedom, but oppression - your oppression, over all other forms of life.
If you cannot easily gain this oppression, you will commit whatever acts of murder and destruction that are required to obtain this oppression.

Not all of your leadership acts in this way.
However, enough do holds these tenets that you are a menace, not only to yourselves but to all the other Spheres.

Should we allow you to continue to threaten, not only our allies and friends, but all the rest of the Spheres as well?
If we allow that, our hands are again stained with blood.

We believe in consequences.
We believe in the consequences of non-intervention, when intervention is called for.
Sometimes, non-intervention, a lack of caring, is as terrible and the results as grim, as the acts of the most vile of evil beings.

Thus, we have decided to intervene.
We have decided to impose our will upon you.
We have decided to restrain you from destroying yourselves, and leaving a legacy that will menace the other Spheres for millennia to come.

We will declare war against you, if you will not agree to our terms.

We do not particularly wish to carry on war against you.
However, we WILL carry on war against you, if you refuse our terms.

If in this you see tyranny and horror, then we pity you, for the tyranny and horror, is within you, and that is why we war against you - to crush that tyranny.
Why do you think the (untranslatable - he is referring to the Mists) have Touched you, have come for you, have nearly claimed you?

As for our laws ...

We permit diversity among our subjects.
Our subjects are permitted to live apart from us, in their own societies, comfortable among their own kind - or comfortable amongst many kinds.
Our subjects are permitted to carry out their desires, fulfill their dreams, accomplish the goals they seek in life.
Our subjects may choose to access all of our science and knowledge, subject to our approval, for their own protection.
Our subjects are free to intermingle with us, if they so desire, and they are treated with the respect and dignity due to them.
If some of our subjects behave poorly, they are not accorded respect and dignity, for it is not deserved.

Our subjects enjoy a life of immortality, free of sickness and disease, free of debilitating age.
Our subjects may choose to lay themselves down, and peacefully pass Beyond.
Our subjects may choose to explore the countless avenues of Science, to grow eternally in the infinite search for the ultimate realities of the Multiverse, to engage themselves in the infinite mysteries of the greatest force of all - Magic.
Our subjects are free to love, free to feel, free to live, in a society where Science and Magic have granted true choice.

However, our subjects are not free to kill.
They are not permitted to commit murder.
We do not tolerate rape and other such grim crimes of hatred, harm, and brutality.
We do not allow our subjects to force their ways on our other subjects.
We do not permit theft ... we do not believe that ownership is nine tenths of the law.
We do not permit corruption. If our subjects must pursue petty feuds and hatreds, if they must select biased judges and officials, if they must enforce their local laws one way for one people, and another way for another people, then that is where we step in.
We do not permit racial war. We are not sympathetic to those who state other races must be destroyed simply because of what they are - your elves and drow, for example, would not be allowed to assail each other under our rule.
We do not permit religions that espouse hate, harm to others, destruction, murder, oppression, or religions that openly espouse evil and the dark.

You have asked concerning our laws.
Our laws are not the laws of your Angels.
If you viewed us as Angels, you are in for a disappointment - we are quite mortal, like you.

We do not believe that evil, darkness, should be tolerated.
We do not condone it in our society.
We do not condone it in ourselves.
We DO recognize it for what it is. We appreciate it's power, and it's danger.

We urge you to accept our terms.
I have explained that we are obligated by our ethics to protect you.
I have explained that we are obligated by our ethics to protect others from you.

We follow our ethics, and they demand that we deal with you, and restrain you.
We will not back away from those ethics, and we will not shirk what they require of us.

If that means war, then we will conduct war.

You will not be permitted to destroy yourselves, or threaten others, or leave a legacy of danger to the Spheres.

Creamsteak

Explorer
We appreciate the monuments you have created with your magic and your science.
The Penumbral Hub. The Mana Fortress. The Hive Cluster. The great cities of the United Commonwealth.

Wait one second? You scried into my private room. You looked at my plans? Those are mine, and by knowing them you have stolen them.

Does your kind appologise for such actions? If so, I do not argue that I want to keep 10th and 11th level magic. Elves are an old race, and we know the truth you talk of. The consistent fight for greater magic and weapons should be stopped. And you promise that when it is time and we have earned it, we can research it again. I have no problem with your philosophy, if you apologise for stealing my ideas.

You will not be permitted to destroy yourselves?

LOL and WHO the hell do you think you are to not even let us decide our own fate?

You may contain us in our spheres, sure you may and prevent the alliance of dread to hurt even more worlds.

But never ever will I allow you to judge and control my own fate. I will make my fate myself. I want to be destroyed I shall be, if I want to destroy I will.

I will not tollerate such tyrrany and controll over our own fates.

I say that you leave these spheres and protect those who you are sworn to but stay out of our affaires.

Those who attacked the other spheres should be punished, not those who serve creation and life.

Now go please and contain this part of the multiverse if you wish but I shall not be controlled and have my fate decided by you.

I wil return to my worlds and I shall rebuild them in my way. They shall prosper and be grand but not ever shall I let you take away the controll over myself and those who I have taken in my care.

I serve none but myself, now be gone meddlers and fight your own wars. It seems to me that you have your hands full without us.

Leave us to our own fate, that we can make ourselves and you make yours.

Live for the Swarm!~

Serpenteye

First Post
"Life is struggle, that is a universal fact. Greatness can only be acheived by overcoming challenges, that is the fundament of all growth and power." (the God Emperor is referring to the experience point system of DnD- a basic law of nature in the DnD universe) "By placing us under your guardianship you are stealing our challenges, lessening our potential for growth and diminishing the greatness of the multiverse. That is a crime far greater than any of the murders committed by the Alliance of Dread, for those killed by them can be brought back to life but the stagnation you are trying to enforce will last forever. You claim our actions are destructive, you say that we are children and criminals, dealing with powers beyond our comprehension, but you are greater fools than we are and your crimes will be far more devastating than anything we could do. Are you truly too blind to the nature of reality to understand this, mortal?

I detest repeating myself but I say this once again. Leave.

We can take care of the Alliance of Dread, we can overcome our own challenges and clean up our own mess. You are neither needed nor welcome here."

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
You speak wise words Taraakian, yet there are problems inherent in your ideas. Firstly, there has only been two wars that were initiated by the Union of Worlds. That was a war to reclaim territories that had gone up in revolt. The second was a war to purge the great evil that was acererak. Beyond those two, which were very short, and caused not nearly the loss of life that others have, the Union of Worlds has sought peace. We held the peace conference at Jalpa, until it was interrupted. We began construction on the city of peace as outlined in the vision of the angels. We are the only faction of Oerth, Toril, Athas, or Mystrara to have openly and honestly announced our intentions and military capability. We were the first of the factions that have called for a universal non-agression pact.

Taraakian, (sheathing his sword) let me propose a different offer to you. Have your empire assist us in the destruction, or conversion, of the legion of dread. Then I will promise you, and many others would be willing to do so also, that never again shall we lift weapons against each other in agression. Never again shall our legions of mages begin their castings to kill or imprison. Taraakian, you do not need to take our freedom, you just need to take away the catalysts for destruction.

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
Aurican, having observed the speeches with saying a word, steps forward.

"Ambassador, I agree with the vast majority of what you have said. It has become all too obvious that we cannot properly control the use of the weapons we have at our disposal. Of all the creatures that reside on our worlds, only a few have the wisdom needed to do this, and others that are capable of that wisdom would throw it to the side the moment they received it. By no means do I believe myself in possession of such wisdom."

"I agree to your terms. I accept your help and your rule." Aurican turns then to those members of the OA that oppose the Taraakians. "I am sorry, my friends, but a safe life for my people is more important than a free life."

Last edited:

(True to my perspective of you Mr. Draco, the attacks will not be called off unless I am convinced otherwise-first you ask me to halt them and now you ask the taraakian to help you destroy us...I expected no less...)

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz listens but seems distracted... being a deity he is in many places at once... the brunt of his efforts... focused on creating the world in the sub-dimension for his people to flourish and escape the pain of this universe... Talindra is focused on the Taarakian's words... more so then her husband....

OOC: How goes the world building project by the way... anywhere near completeion... the Corrupted Forces are defending me at Defense 6 and the Eternal Empire is continuing to build without stopping... Heavy Metal Taarakians... cool

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz finally takes the time to rise from his position, “I am sure ambassador of the Taraakian Empire that you know who I am, and what I have done. I will not sway you with pretty words. I will speak the truth of my actions…”

“I have said many times before that I have brought death and misery on a large scale to this world, actions that I have worked to rectify, but I accept wholeheartedly the villain within me. I do not hide from it, I accept who I am. I am Iuz, Master of the Glowing Darkness… son of Grazzt, I was born with a dark legacy…”

Iuz paused for a slight moment, “I live up to that legacy a thousand times over, but recent times have increased our ability to wage war and destroy whole peoples… which has given me pause to reflect. What is it that we fight for? Land, then why do we destroy it… for our people… we condemn them to death in our petty wars… for an ideal… we crush all vestiges of foreign ideology under the wavering boot of justice and righteousness.”

“In my reflection I saw a different path, not good… nor evil… but life. I have created life, and work ever still to create more life,” he waves a hand and vision of a world forms before the leaders and the Taraakian, a blue and green world.

“This is the legacy I wish to leave behind, a place for my people to live and explore this life in peace. It has come to my attention that all this world… no this universe cares for is to kill. Kill for love, peace, and good… Kill for evil… selfishness… land. But the urge remains, the cycle will not end… even your words are laced with the venom of bloodshed. You kill one man, and another shall rise to avenge him. Peace by the sword is a false peace. A lull between the bloodshed, a simple frailty of peace that will shatter at the first hint of anger; can you change this? I doubt any can, not man, beast, god, nor any power can change this. Why is this so, because we as individuals can choose our path,” Iuz says with a wave of his hand, “we can choose our fate. We choose to kill, we choose to live, and we can choose peace.”

“But one must first accept peace, I have accepted it, and have yet to raise a hand against my attackers… I defend myself because I know there are some who choose to kill, and I will not let my people suffer needlessly… I shall bring them the gift of Chorazin, a world where they may live free from this wholesale suffering and slaughter… that will be my final selfish act… to make my people happy… and free… a world where they can choose to live in peace… and seek the true beauty of the Glowing Darkness… if you wish to destroy me then do so. But I speak spare my people, I have grown old, and I wish for this life to have meaning, even as a divine being, I still seek to leave my legacy for my people. I have spoken my piece… I choose no aggression against you. I have not chosen any aggression with anyone. I seek to live,” Iuz concludes his speech… and sits.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
KRIS, zuiger, neem die friggin' vrede!!! je gaat geen oorlog voeren. je bent veel te :):):):)ing passief. gebruik je dromen OF accepteer die vrede, zelfs al moet je door de knieeen, maar denk gvd eens na man! je krijgt je spheres, je houdt je hivemind wat the f wil je nog meer? dit is het beste bod wat je gaat krijgen. neem het...

(ik heb geen msn, mailen duurt te lang, dus zo maar...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases